Recommend an ironing board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend an ironing board?

Hi everyone, I need to replace my doddery old ironing board, asap. Can you recommend any makes or models? John Lewis seem to be selling own brand plus Brabantia and I think I remember hearing good things about Brabantia in the past. I can't spend more than about £50 though. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm making curtains at the moment but the board will need to be a good general purpose one thereafter

Re: Recommend an ironing board?

Mine's a Hills, bought it in a local hardware shop, and it's good and sturdy. Also 40cm wide, much wider than the previous one, which slid gracefully to the ground after more than 20 years.

Comment

And was much less than £50, about £30, I think, a few years ago, though.

Comment

Thank you very much for that, nic

Comment

Wibble Puppy

Is it repairable? When wooden top of my old ironing board started to get a bit tatty, I got my husband to replace the wooden top with an even bigger top made out of MDF. I then covered it with interlining and then a top layer of bonded interlining. It's better than any of the bought ones I've had in the past and I think I would have to go a long way to look for one as good.
          Regards

Andrea

Comment

I have a Brabantia, the wide one which is excellent. Only DH uses it though, for ironing his shirts. I always iron on the worktable.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

That's a very ingenious idea, adria; thanks!

Thanks for the tip on the wide Brabantia, Pen

Stuck in bed today (bit of a cold), so still pondering which one to get. Can't find an online stockist of Hills boards

Comment

I bought an extra wide one on a very sturdy frame with a fantastic range of adjustable height from Wilkinson. Cost between £20 and £30 and came with a free extra new cover. Not sure what make though. Been very happy with it.

Comment

Thanks for that, ali! Let me know if you happen to find out what make it is

Comment

I've decided to attempt to keep my old ironing board going, given the price of decent new ones online So I've ordered a Brabantia long-life cover with a five-year guarantee, from ebay. Might get some extra padding to go under it, too, depending on how nice and thick it is

Thanks very much for your input, everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X