Glue Gun Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Gun Question

Hi, I am about to buy a glue gun for some pelmet work and wonder if anyone could recommend a good one. I've never used one before so not too sure what I should be looking for.

Cat
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Glue Gun Question

Hi Cat

I have a small Bostik (model just says, handy glue gun), which I have had for years and have never had any problems with it.

Andrea
    Regards

Andrea

Comment

Thanks Andrea, I will have a look at that one. I need to use it in upholstery situations too. i.e. attaching gimp etc. so need the glue to be very strong, not sure how the glue guns vary in what they do. The prices certainly do!

Cat
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

HI, our glue gun is a tackwise 207, a bit more expensive but is a more indusrtial type,it is non drip and has a precision nozzle especialy suitable for for applying braid etc which is what we use it for, it was purchased at Martins upholstery supplies, we allways use bostic glue sticks as we find cheaper ones are not as good.
        hope that helps

Comment

Thank you Alic, I'm looking for a more industrial one, will phone Martins Upholstery on Monday, they seem to have a good range of other interesting things too.

Cat
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi, I use a quadtrac converter 3M gun, had it for years and it is excellent, plenty of control when applying the glue, and the glue is good quality if a little expensive. I paid £90 for a box of glue sticks but they do last me a year.
            Can not remember who I bought it from, but I get my glue sticks from Self Adhesive Supplies Ltd, Tel 0118 9483833, their in Reading and have a website http://www.selfadhesive.co.uk.

Hope this helps
            Dave
            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dave. I'll check this one out. I guess if I'm going to get enough use of it but £90 seems a lot for the glue sticks.
              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
              X