Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wider than 140cm interlining?

Not sure where to post this but......

with their being so many fabrics around at the mo that are wider than 135/140 cm does anyone know who supplies interlinings up to say 60" wide? I find it maddening to have to join an extra drop of IL just to make up the extra few inches.

I have seen curtains made locally where they simply cut off the extra few inches of face fabric to 'make them fit' standard linings and interlining but surely this is very wasteful?

Re: Wider than 140cm interlining?

Just found this at Edmund Bell - interlining at 150cm or 280cm wide - only one weight each size.

wide interlining
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you Louise! A star as usual!

Comment

This seems to be an ongoing problem with both interlining and lining. When making up for local shops I often get caught out by the fabrics supplied to me varying considerably.When making up for my own customers I usually draw their attention to the possible problems. Do Edmund Bell also supply a wider lining?
        Having just found the forum (after almost 25 years in the business!) I think I will be a frequent visitor - a great and welcoming group

Comment

We cut off the extra fabric normally or make wider side hems - I've calculated for fabric that is 137cm wide, so more fabric may be too much. If you are adding another drop of lining and cutting that off, then that's wasteful as well (although I realise not as expensive ).
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

It's an annoying "choice" thing, isn't it? On that job I opted to add lining and interlining as I needed the width for my finished headed width but will consider taking up more in my side turns so there's less to cut off, then I won't feel quite as wasteful!

Comment

Working...
            X