Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision diamond scissor sharpener

Hi
    Not quite sure if this the right section for this question but here goes.
    I recently purchased a precision diamond scissor and knife sharpener from M&D.
    Does anyone know how to use it. There were no instructions with it and I have just never got round to phoning them to find out more. Is it a complete waste of money or is there a special trick to using it. Help please?
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Precision diamond scissor sharpener

Penny - I have looked at this now on the Merrick and day site. I assume from the picture that it is a flat pad about 4 inches long with a plastic handle. Ok if it is then what you have bought is a superb tool when you know how to use it.

Because I spent much of my life as a carpenter and joiner I have been working with and sharpening blades of all descriptions for over forty years and I have to admit that if I had had one of these 40 years ago my life would have been much simpler.

It is not an easy job to sharpen scissors by hand and the technique is,at best, tricky. Firstly the cutting pad is simply impregnated with industrial diamonds and as with all diamond grinding the cutter will only function when wet. If you try to use this tool dry you will ruin it.

Penny I am going to have to stop here. I have spent nearly an hour trying to write these instructions for you and it is just too complicated to explain this way. Call me and I will talk you through how to use it.

Comment

I thought that there was water involved somehow but couldn't work out how. If it is ok with you I will call you tomorrow morning when I have retrieved my sharpener from my workroom. I look forward to speaking to you then.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Your intructions worked a treat. I have just sharpened three pairs if scissors.
        They have all sharpened beautifully.
        Many thanks

Penny
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
        X