New Sewing Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sewing Machine

I'm thinking of buying a new machine. My Husquvarna Freesia has done well but as an 8 year old domestic machine, it's now starting to struggle with the volume and weight of some of the work. I'd thought about saving up for a Janome 6600P but then realised that I wouldn't use half the functions on it and my Huskie still works so I still use that for any fancy stitches (not that I've ever used them yet!)

So I'm now looking at the Janome 1600P - a fast semi industrial straight stitch machine. Does anyone have any experience of the 1600P?
    Jane

Re: New Sewing Machine

Hi Jane
    Does the 1600p have a dual feed as the 6600p does? I wouldn't be without my 6600p however if the 1600p had a dual feed then I would definately go for that one.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hello Jane,

I have also read good reviews on the Pfaff? Grand Quilter which is also a straight stitch, semi industrial machine with the vertical rotary hook bobbin mechanism. It is a short shank (i think that's the term) machine and takes many industrial feet and uses metal bobbins as does the 1600P.

Comment

My main machine is a 1600P which I have had for 5 years and am very happy with it. I looked at a 6600P to replace it recently but I do have a Janome domestic for the fancy stitches (which I never use). The 1600P was a very worth while investment for me and it does exactly what it says it will do - it is a real work horse and I use it daily. If you have any questions Jane PM me and I will do my best to answer with the help of the 1600P manual.
        Yvonne

Comment

Hi Jane I purchased a 1600p in September and I have never looked back it is great. Very straight forward and reliable.

Comment

I've managed to have a go on the Pfaff hobby GrandQuilter (a straight stitching semi industrial which does up to 1600spm) and was very impressed - it went through the same job my Huskie struggled with recently like butter. So it does what I need

Both the Janome & the Pfaff have an attachable rather than built in walking foot (but I have concluded the 6600P isn't the right machine for me) but unfortunately I haven't been able find the Janome 1600P to try locally so I can't compare the two which is very frustrating.

As far as I can tell, they're identical (in functions and to look at) but the Janome's £150 more than the Pfaff and doesn't come with the walking foot & extension table included which the Pfaff does. I can't see any reason, other than the name, for the Janome to be so much more expensive.

Has anyone been able to compare the two? I know Sophie's got the Janome & is very happy with it. Does anyone have any experience of the Pfaff?
            Jane

Comment

Working...
            X