Compensating foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensating foot

I spoke of a wonderful foot I use for my industrial macine called a compensating foot - I use mine for lots of jobs but mainly for sewing the line of stitching on romans. I have today bought one that is 1cm wide giving the perfect seam allowance for rod pockets, assuming you use a 1cm seam allowance as I do.. They are fabulous little helpers and well worth buying.

These feet are made for use with an industrial machine, and will not be suitable for a domestic machine - check with your local sewing machine supplier for additional feet for domestic machines.

I use a 214 for the tops of my blinds and I have just bought a 216 for my rod pockets.

[attachment=0:228gm8ts]topsew.jpg[/attachment:228gm8ts]
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Compensating foot

I so/sew 'need' an Industrial machine. All these lovely feet are so enticing..... not that I'm a foot fetishist.

Comment

Hello there
      Do you know if i can get a compensating foot for a Brother domestic machine?

Regards
      Marela

Comment

Hi Marela

I would imagine you can get them, but you would need to speak with your local sewing machine supplier.
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

For a domestic machine you may find something similar called a quilting foot, stitch guide foot or a seam foot. Different manufacturers call them different things........
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi There
            I have spoken to toyota and they have recomended a quilting foot. But it looks nothing like the one you have bought
            Do you think this will work ?

http://aisineurope.com.s18090.gridserve ... &Itemid=52

thank you
            Marela

Comment

That is more of a guide and is more useful for quilting wider gaps.

If you go to this site http://www.pfaffmachines.co.uk/partsDB/index.php and search for feet from Toyota they may have something. Also something called an edge guide that might achieve the same thing as Schuhby's industrial foot?
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi there

I have just bought a selection of feet for my industrial machine, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are used for.

Is the compensating foot used to keep your sewing line a uniform distance from the edge of the fabric, ie getting a straight sewing line, eg when joining two pieces of fabric? How does this differ from the top stitch foot? Could these two be used interchangeably?

Does the velvet foot part the fibres of the velvet, so the needle can get through easier?

What does the regular step shirring foot do?

I have also got a rolled hemming foot, and cant for the life of me work that one out!

Thanks
                Gail

Comment

Hi Gail, I use a rolled hem on my overlocker but the machine does the work. I use the process when shortening dresses made of liquid satin. On my domestic machine I have a rolled hem foot. The fabric is fed through the roll on the foot but as it is fed through I hold the fabric aloft a little, and as it feeds through a small double hem is created like you would see on many fuller skirted dresses. Hope this helps
                  Helen

Comment

I was looking through websites and seen this:
                    "Blind Stitch Foot £11.00 (F017N) For guiding the fabric for accurate blind hems. Can also be used for keeping a fixed seam allowance"
                    I take it this would do?
                    Julie B

Comment

Hi there,

I find the website http://www.strima.com a great site for industrial sewing machines feet. I bought my Siruba needle feed machine from them. They have a good selection of feet for most models of industrial machines.

Wendy

Comment

Working...
                      X