Ideal dimensions for a work table?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal dimensions for a work table?

I've been working off an old dining room table - and the floor. My partner is going to make me a worktable on tressles while I wait for my new workroom to be built. In your opinion, what is the minimum practical size for a table for making curtains and blinds?

My table is 150cms wide by 240cms long. The width is about right- any wider and you can't reach the middle- but if you have the space, 250-300 cms length would be ideal. It depends really what size of curtains you are happy to make!

Best wishes
    Liz

Comment

The width really depends on how tall you are! I'm 5 feet 9 and have a 180cm wide table, which I love because it takes nearly 1.5 widths of fabric in one go. The standard width is 150cm. And I wish I had more space for a longer table. I do a lot of curtains with a 270cm or more drop so my 245cm table is a bit short and that means an extra shifting of fabric, which takes more time.
      CatherineL
      Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

My table is 150cm wide so I can get a whole roll width on it, and 2.4m long but also has a hinged flap of 60cm which takes it up to 3m when I need it. It's on big castor wheels so I roll it out and extend the flap. Had it specially made by a local carpenter and has shelving underneath.

Comment

Working...
        X