sewing machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewing machines

I am sorry if this in the wrong place, if so can admin please move it. My hubby is buying me a new sewing machine and I have seen this one that is supposed to be good for beginners as well as experienced sewers, I wondered if anyone could give me their thoughts on it please. It's a Singer machine num 7463, it looks really good and is on offer at the moment, with free scissors and a large box of threads. Or if anyone can offer me any alternatives please, though this one looks a good allrounder. Many thanks

Chrissie

Re: sewing machines

www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk/sewing-ma ... e-147.html

Hello Chrissie,

I would say to test any machine you're interested in to see if it will do your job. If you intend just to curtain make, there will be many things you don't use but how nice to have a husband to buy you a new sewing machine!

Comment

thanks for the link Rosie, I like it even more now, I won't just be trying to make curtains I'd like to try other things too, I'm pretty good at cushions, and I want to start to try quilting etc, so this seems ideal. Thanks again

Chrissie

Comment

Hi Chrissie

You may find the post on sewing machines of interest - Which sewing machine

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks for that, at the moment my sewing is just for me, but when I'm a bit more exp. I would probably make curtains and such for my Mam, that's why I thought the singer 7463 would suit me, I know that some people don't like to reccommend(sp) things but I would like some feedback please anyone.

Thanks Chrissie

Comment

Hello Chrissie,

The Singer machine has lots of preset stitches so it can be used for dressmaking and basic embroidery as well as other sewing jobs. If you want to tackle quilting and heavier duty curtain making (buckrams and interlinings do take some sewing through) you really need to discuss your specific needs thoroughly with your machine supplier. A new machine's a big investment so make sure you buy wisely. Sorry I can't comment on this machine but I don't own one.....

Comment

thanks Rosie, I will go to the shop tomorrow

Chrissie

Comment

Hi Chrissie
                Hope you found what you was looking for. Personally I wouldn't be without my Bernina but my mum has had her Singer sewing machine for 46 years and is still going strong.

Susie

Comment

Thanks for all replies, well I went to the Singer shop yesterday, I was so excited all those bright sparkly things, materials, threads I was in my element, and that's before I saw the sewing machines, anyway had a talk to the lady in the shop, she was really helpful, and I told her what sort of things I probably wanted to do and she said the machine was ideal, she was really lovely, and gave me loads of sewing tips bless her, I did look at other machines, but I think I had set my heart on that one and hopefully won't be buying another for a long time.

Got home and couldn't wait to have a go, was easy to set up, and last night was surrounded by scraps of material practising all the different stitches, brilliant, anyway I thank you all, I'm sure I will be along soon asking for help.

I am in awe of you ladies, when I look at all your beautiful curtains and blinds, one day she sighs!!

Thanks

Chrissie

Comment

Hello Chrissie,

I'm glad you got your dream machine. I hope you and your new Singer machine will be very happy together! Enjoy!!

Comment

Glad that you have your new machine. Don't think ' one day' for thaoe curtains. Ask the questions and before you know it you will be making beautiful one with our help by yourself.

By the way, my Singer is old, old, old. It belonged to my sisters first husband's mother, been under the stair cupboard in our house for 25+ years. Had it serviced last year and it sews beautifully, so yours will have lots of years in it!

Enid

Comment

Working...
                      X