Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet Press

Hi
    I have been pondering purchasing an eyelet press for many months as they are a big investment for small businesses such as ours. I decided to check out the M&D one at the show in january. I spent a long time on the stand watching how it worked and asking lots of questions. I was convinced this was the way to go, so told Rebecca I would be placing an order in February. However in the meantime Phillip mentioned a company on the AW forum that supply M&D with their press.I have now placed my order with Atwell and can't wait for it to arrive. I have ordered the press that cuts and closes with one set of 40mm dies and also a pair of 66mm dies. For this size you need two sets ,one set to make the hole and another to close the eyelet. They offer trade discounts on multiple purchases, which I have received. It wasn't massive but was better than paying the full price. I also have been given a discount on all subsuquent orders of eyelets what ever size of quantity. They were very helpful and friendly. Thanks so much for that lead Phillip your timimg was perfect!
    Oh and I also had an order for two pairs of eyelets come this week.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Eyelet Press

Glad to be of help Penny...

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Penny,

Would you mind telling me which one you opted for was it the HP1000, which is the best one to go for bearing in mind cost for a small business.

Thanks

Comment

Hi [email protected]
        Yes that is the one I ordered.
        Another piece of info I discovered while surfing one day, there is a company called eyelets r us and they have an eyelet calculator, Just fill in the size of eyelet being used and the size of each width and they work out the spacing for you.
        I don't know yet if it will be any good but will certainly try it out when I make my first pair.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thanks Penny,

do you have a link to the eyelet calcualtor site, I'd like to have a nosey,

Can you pm me ( or type it here) as to how much you paid for you eyelet.

Its something I have contemplated for ages too.

Thank you kindly

Comment

Just a thought - If a few of you want to buy eyelet presses, you could maybe get together and go for a larger discount.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

the webb address is http://www.eyeletsareus.co.uk/curtain_calc/process.php
              Hope that helps. I will PM you the eyelet info.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Oh Penny thats fantastic, thank you, thank you, thank you, its in my favs now!

Comment

It's cool isn't it!
                  Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I am impresses and have saved it on my favs - let me know if anyone tries it.

If I do - I of course will let you know.

Kathy
                    K W Designs
                    Bournemouth

Comment

Hi [email protected]
                      Just being nosey. Have you placed an order for the eyelet press yet? Mine should come sometime this week.
                      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Sorry Penny no I havent rung them yet been cleaning the workroom waiting for fabric to arrive. I didnt realise the time!

Any joy with a bulk order Phillip or shall I ask them when I call?

Comment

I haven't asked them - But it''s worth discussing the options with them when you call. I've had one for ages but if a few of you want one, then order all at once and ask for a larger discount.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Just thought I'd let you know that the eyelet press is now installed and in working order. What a lovely piece of machinery. I love it.
                            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I thought I would just share with everyone my excitment at completing my first pair of eyelet curtains this morning.
                              The machine is very easy to use and I have 3 more pairs to make and 24prs in the pipe line in a few weeks.
                              Only down side being the palm of my right hand is now sore where I have been using the handle, i will be getting my upholstery gloves out in future.
                              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                              X