workroom table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workroom table

I am looking to buy or have made a sewing table for curtain making in my home. Does anyone have any experience of making one, or know of any good suppliers. Thanks. Karen

Re: workroom table

Hi Karen,

I'm not sure that you can buy 'off the peg' as such, but there has been a brilliant thread on here recently on just this subject. I think you're even in the right place ('Workroom and Machinery')! There are downloadable instructions on constructing a table from scratch and lots of helpful info.

Hope this helps.

Kate

Comment

This could be the one you're thinking of Kate.......
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Karen, my Dad and I have just made a huge table using a combination of the advice in the thread above, and the Rowley instructions. It has turned out brilliant, and wasn't too hard to do if you can use a saw and a drill, two man job tho I think. I got the pieces of wood cut to size at a DIY shop, so the adjustments were minimal. The overall cost of the wood, castors etc etc came to about £200, I guess if you have to get a carpenter to make it you could double that at least.

I am thrilled to bits with how it has turned out, I put two shelves on it so I can get just about everything on it - rolls of fabric, sundries etc etc. Will post a pic when its a bit tidier in my sewing room!! Its still undergoing the refurb, so still a mess at the moment.

Looking for instructions to build a fabric dispenser now, I know Rowley do one, but does anyone know if they post to the UK? The only option on their drop down list for delivery is US and Canada.
        Gail

Comment

This post might help - there is a discussion about making one at the end.....

Colly Brook used to sell one but I can't see it on their website today....
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

No, I'm afraid we don't have the fabric unrollers at the moment. I may have another batch made in the new year.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Originally posted by thecurtainmaker View Post
              No, I'm afraid we don't have the fabric unrollers at the moment. I may have another batch made in the new year.
              Hi Pen
              I would be interested in one of these.
              Best wishes
              Jackie Keane

Comment

Hi Jackie, I don't have any at the moment. If I do get another batch made, i'll post details on here.
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison

Comment

Second to my overlocker, Pens fabric unroller is my favourite bit of kit in the workroom. If pen decides to have some more made they are a 'must have' for any workroom, particularly if you work on your own.

Katie

Comment

Thanks for that Katie. I will look into getting another batch made.
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison

Comment

Working...
                    X