"Creative Grid" rulers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Creative Grid" rulers

While on my course with Sue Hazell (see course feedback section) I bought a useful metric ruler. I already have an Omnigrid quilter's rectangular ruler but it uses imperial divisions (which suits quilting), she has metric non-slip versions from Creative Grids.

This was really useful for marking off hems, placement lines etc. as well as easily showing 90, 45 and 60 degree angles. As they are transparent you can easily line up your set measurement with the edge of the fabric and quickly mark a line against the straight edge.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: "Creative Grid" rulers

Thanks for that Louise. I have one and I must admit, I wouldnt be happy working without it, its a fantastic tool.

I knew I shouldnt have sneeked a peek at the site, I just lost half an hour browsing when I should be making stuff Some fantastic bits on there, so I bookmarked it.

Comment

Thanks Louise. I've got an imperial version and have been looking sporadically for a metric version. You've done the hard work and found one for me!

Comment

I have a metric version of this ruler and have been trying to buy another one now for several months - when I contacted Creative Grids they told me they were out of stock in February. I have just checked on the site this morning and it doesn't look like they are doing any of the rulers in metric size now, am I just not looking in the right place or does anyone that quilts know if this is the case.
        Yvonne

Comment

This looks very similar metric 60cm x 16cm
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Mine are (I have 2) by Birch Craft - they are an Aussie company so don't know if they are sold in UK, maybe worth a search

Comment

Great - thank you both. My step-sister arrives in 10 days from Brisbane so will send her an email.
              Yvonne

Comment

www.cottonpatch.co.uk sell the metric version of the Omnigrid.
                I bought one from them a couple of weeks ago. I used to have a creative grid (also purchased from Sue Hazell!) - but I broke it when it fell on the floor and I stepped on it. I could have cried because it was one of the original pieces of equipment I bought when I started my business.
                I don't think that the Omigrid is quite as user friendly as the creative grid in terms of the way it is marked up, but still very useful.
                Jane

Comment

I still have my Creative grid thank goodness, but if I needed to replace it I would make sure the new one had sub-divisions of less than 5mm, not all do.
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Jane that's interesting.

I don't think that creative grids do a metric version of any of their rulers anymore Louise which is rather annoying. I still have my original one but wanted to get another one for my fitter.
                    Yvonne

Comment

We have the metric 15cm x 60cm rulers in stock.
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison
                      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

That's good to know Pen - I'll be ordering one soon! My imperial version has been used so much that the edges have gone a bit round .... it's an invaluable tool, especially for cutting piping strips, measuring hems, getting fabric square/diagonal ... never thought I'd get so much use out of it when I bought it for quilting 20 odd years ago!

Comment

I use mine all the time as well, for the same sorts of things.
                          Kind regards
                          Pen Harrison
                          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi
                            Ive just had one of these delivered this morning from HH, only really bought it to make up my order but am sure it will come in handy. Made by Janome.

Comment

sorry think that should have said smiley face NOT stick out tongue. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X