Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Curtains with black lining Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Curtains with black lining Help!!!!

Hi Everyone,
    Yes that fabric has arrived, the main fabric is quite nice actually but the lining that I was dreading, thought would be silk or satin is in fact just black normal lining fabric, so don't envy the fading in future years!!!! But hey I'm only making them up.

I have a feeling that when the client sees them made up they are going to ask why I didn't use black heading tape???? any ideas??? Don't think that they do such a thing, can anyone suggest anything???

smiley

Re: Black Curtains with black lining Help!!!!

Can you advise your customer to have pinch pleat heading to avoid the obvious pencil pleat? It will look much better that way!

Dont envy the fading of the lining tho!!! Ooo

Comment

did your customer definitely mean black lining and not blackout lining !!!!!!

Comment

Hi
        Yes black lining is with me, they bought it!!!! So not sure what to do really, they are already made up now, there was some controversy with the width anyway as they did not want to pay for two widths for each curtains, but managed to persuade them that the curtains would look better fuller and that a pair of 1 1/2 widths would be the same as a pair of 2 as I charge per width and part of so they don't loose out either way!!!

Thanks for your concern.

Don't think that I would be able to persuade them about pinch pleat.

thanks anyway
        smiley

Comment

Maybe ask your client what they think , or ask them to supply you with the heading tape of thier choice if they are unhappy with white heading tape!! That way there no come back on you!

Comment

The 'Jubilee' tape on this page might be suitable.

http://www.rufflette.com/curtain_tapes/ ... dings.html

I've never used it personally but it might be an option for a demanding client.

Angie

Comment

I have never seen heading tape in any colour other than white or natural. As Angie suggested, you could use a translucent tape - it won't be so obvious.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I would probably add a piece of black lining over the tape after it is pulled up.
                This could be hand sewn or fused with some type of adhesive.
                With some planning you could sandwich the tape between the lining and face but that might take more time to execute than just adding a hand sewn piece the outside after it is pulled up to size.

Good luck,
                Susan
                Susan Woodcock
                Owner, HomeDecGal.com
                Charlotte, NC
                USA

Comment

Could the tape be dyed using the appropriate Dylon, allowing for any shrinkage!

Eileen.

Comment

Working...
                  X