What size buckram and piping cord please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size buckram and piping cord please

Hi seem to be running out of every thing at once so need to replenish. Can I ask, after the new year I have 3mtr length pinch pleat curtains to do
    having only ever bought 4 and 5" buckram would I need to get the 6" for that job would that look better? Also need to get piping cord it's that long
    since I last ordered some can't remember the size, what do you all use it's only for cushions tiebacks and pelmets so only want to buy one size,
    and would it have to be pre srunk.

Thanks all

Irene

Re: What size buckram and piping cord please

Hi Irene,
    Definitely 6" buckram.
    re piping cord, I usually use 5mm, sometimes 4mm.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Definately 6" buckram on curtains that long - possibly wider. 4mm or 5mm piping cord for me too.
      Jane

Comment

Thanks Pen and Jane can place my order now.

Just wasted 10mtr of sticky velcro,I turned over lining on the pelmet Im making (which is turning out to be a pain in the bum.) ironed it so I knew were to put
        velcro and like an idiot put it on the wrong side of the ironed line.machined it on then noticed what I'd done,took ages to get it of and it has all stuck together
        so now have decided to buy the sew on type lesson learned..

Regards
        Irene

Comment

Irene,
          Don't sew through self adhesive Velcro - you'll just gum up your machine needle!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Already have Pen and wasted three needles!!!! I was given 3 rolls of 25mtr from a friend and until now no problem (it must have been old stuff
            and lost its sticky) but this last roll I should have realised when I started how strong it was,anyway have now ordered the sew on type.

regerds

Irene

Comment

If you want to try and clean the needles try Sticky Stuff Remover, silicone spray or WD40 (keep them away from fabrics etc. of course!) After wiping the needles stitch through some waste fabric to ensure they are 100% clean.

This is the remover Sticky Stuff Remover.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise will try that, I did wash them with a bit of soapy water which cleaned the needle but the eye is still clogged.

regards

Irene

Comment

Working...
                X