Double sided adhesive tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double sided adhesive tape

Has anyone used the double sided 'fix it' tape that Merrick and day sell for trimmings and have they found it sucessful or not?
    Janie

Re: Double sided adhesive tape

Hi
    I found about this tape via this great place, and was rather dubious at first.
    Used it on some roman blinds for a client about a year ago, she decided on a very heavy weight trimming from Troynorth, the end result was brilliant.
    Regards
    Julie
    Kind Regards
    Julie Monty

Comment

Hi Janie,
      I have used the tape it was great for straight attachments but used it on a very shaped pelmet and it did not work. Hope this helps.

Sophie

Comment

I've used it too and found it very good to attach a narrow braid on a small straight pelmet. I think it's a useful thing to have in the workroom.

Cat
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Just taken the plunge and am using Trimfix from M&D for the first time. I have 12m of beaded trim to attach to the leading edges of 2 pairs of curtains and so far it is looking good.

It is very thin and supple (it does not add any bulk) and easy to apply following the instructions on the pack. As stated, it is easy to reposition what you are sticking for a few hours, it should 'go off' in 24h for a permanent hold. That will be tomorrow afternoon so I will check then, although there is no sign of it loosening at the moment.

Supplied in a choice of 3 widths by M&D as Trimfix.

More info here Sealah tape (taken from the packaging).
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you for the replies. So far have used it to temporarily attach velcro befor machining as Phillip does and it was great for that. The next task is to attach a braid onto a fine silk next to the bordered edge which is quite a heavy fabric, but think perhaps I had better sew it on by hand, but it is tempting!
            Janie

Comment

Re: Double sided adhesive tape - update

Well, first pair of curtains with trim attached have now been hanging for about 24hrs and seem fine - I have tried gently tugging the trim and it seems firmly in place so I will go ahead with the second pair next week. Although the Trimfix itself seems expensive at first glance, it is so fast to use I think it more than pays for itself. I would recommend buying the width of tape that matches your trim the best, or applying 2 widths of tape side by side if necessary to get close to it (perhaps I am just over cautious.......)

Janie - have you got any left-over fabric you could do a little test on?
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Reading this post is seem that you're all talking about two different things - Trim fix and double sided sticky tape..
                Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I think we are all talking about trimfix tape as supplied by Merricks, at least that is what I am referring to
                  Janie

Comment

Originally posted by janie
                    So far have used it to temporarily attach velcro befor machining as Philip does and it was great for that.
                    Sorry Janie, it was the above that drew my attention to the post, I don't use trim fix for holding the velcro, I use double sided sticky tape, about 99p for a 50 metre roll on ebay.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks for the money saving tip Philip
                      Janie

Comment

Hi Philip, I have been looking on ebay for double sided tape but there are so many different types. I see some that are 50mtrs. x 3mm but can't see if they are suitable for fabric ?

Cat
                        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

A selection below, copy and past the number in to the ebay search box.

350153348867 - This is the one I use, the others are cheaper but I'm not sure how sticky they are.

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you, Philip. Ordered a couple of rolls from ebay of the one you use.

Cat
                            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Everyone

Didn't Know if this is the right thread to use

l used doulble sided tape for the first time yesterday on velcro
                              but the problem i had was my top cotton on the machine kept breaking
                              do you think this is because the needle got sticky

Marela

Comment

Working...
                              X