X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat for Ironing Velvet

From Philip's amazing store of info:

Velvet Ironing Mat

Allows you to iron velvet without flattening the pile. Consists of a sheet of fine, nylon needles with a tough cotton backing. Place the velvet face down onto the needles, and iron it on the back. For use with all ironing boards. Size 70 cm x 30 cm (27 1/2 in. x 12 in.).

http://www.morplan.com/ProductDisplay/V ... 6251/62298

How clever!

Re: Mat for Ironing Velvet

Does anyone know where to buy one of these? I tried the Morplan link and couldn't find.

Jessie

Comment

Try searching for velvet needle board, one of the sewing suppliers should have them, or maybe even Amazon,
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

an alternative is to use a piece of the same remnant velvet. Place pile into pile this acts the same as a needle board. we use this method in our work room.
        Give it a try on a scrap if you have some.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thank you, I'll give that a go. One other question if you don't mind......plain velvet blind. Nap facing up, like a curtain, or down.

I'm trying to get my head round the workings at the moment. If it's facing up will it brush the nap the wrong way when it is lowered?

Jessie

Comment

I would always check with the client on velvet! I generally do the nap facing down on a curtain and blinds but have been caught out before!

Comment

Thank you Curtain Queen

Comment

Working...
              X