Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet machine

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to purchasing an Eyelet machine and would like to ask which one would be adviseable

I have about 20 widths to make up so I am unsure if this would be cost effective

the eyelets will need to be 40mm due to the size of the pole, Also where to purchase this from,

also how much working space do the machines take up,

Failing this are there company's that I could send the curtains to and have them put the Eyelets in for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Shirley

Re: Eyelet machine

This topic has been covered quite a lot recently - if you search using the terms eyelet press there are lots of useful things like a video of how to use them here, advice on which press to buy and where to source eyelets.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Shirley

I have done 5 widths tonight of eyeletted curtains - I vowed that I would NEVER buy a machine and have to say that Philip persuaded me of the investment and I have not looked back especially these lest few months as without the machine I would have not had any work. I used to send my curtains out to be eyeletted but at £19 per width that is very expensive considering how quick and easy the machine is to use. I bought my machine from Streets on special offer back in February but I believe the machine offered from Merrick and Day is very competitive. The machine itself is manufactured by Atwells - the machine sold by Streets, Merrick and Day and Hallis Hudson are all manufactured by Atwells and they just retail it - however Atwells are usually more expensive than the trade retailers! I have bought eyelets from Merrick and Day and Hallis Hudson recently and they are compatible with the machine from Streets so I suspect all the equipment comes from Atwells but our trade companies just retail them to us. I know for a fact that the machine sold by Price and Company is not an Atwells machine and it will not take eyelets from M&D or the other companies that I mentioned. This is the reason that I did not purchase from Price and Company. Hope this helps -
      Yvonne

Comment

Hi Shirley,

I bought an eyelet machine a couple of weeks ago and don't know how I managed without it. Go for it girl it will moe than pay for itself.
        Ursula

Comment

Thank you all once again, It has been great help in making my mind up, I spoke to a friend about it and even though she's in London and I am in Buckinghamshire we are going to go halves on it as she also has an order comming up I have spoken to Streets but they said it will take them anything from 2-4 weeks, I have been waiting to hear from M&D I had sent them a email regarding the machine, Patience is my lesson for this week,

Does anyone know if I can use the smaller dia's for doning holes for Roman blinds on the same machine or would I need a diffrent machine.

Thank you once again this is such a great forum,

Happy sewing,
          Shirley

Comment

The machine supplied by Merrick & Day will set 5mm, 25mm, 40mm and 66mm eyelets. You buy a separate die for each size. Details
            here.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X