Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear heavy duty acrylic on a roll

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a roll of heavy duty clear acrylic / plastic on a roll.

I have some complex pelmets to make and want to be able to see the pattern through the plastic so I postion it in the best way.

I am looking for something around 90cm wide that I could purchase by the metre.

Happy sewing,

Shirley C

Re: CLEAR HEAVY DUTY ACRYLIC ON A ROLL

A friend said to try local printer for Acrylic sheets.

Comment

Have you tried a builder's merchants? Look for damp proof membrane (heavy duty but not sure if you can see through it) or moisture barrier. Or try these people for stockists: http://www.dampproofmembrane.co.uk/
      Jill

Comment

That would be plastic Visqueen?

Comment

I have used this in the past to make 'kid proof' covers for bench cushions. You can machine stitch it if you need to (use a non-stick foot or a layer of tissue paper to help it feed under the presser foot) and it is soft and flexible. You could draw on it with permanent marker or china pencil (or probably wax crayon?) Cut with scissors.

http://www.online-fabrics.co.uk/Othe...arent-Covering
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Otherwise heavy duty builders plastic. I think Acrylic would be too expensive for a one off job.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Good morning everyone, I would like to say a big Thank you for all your imput in helping me solve this problem, I will be going out and purchasing both the Acrylic sheet and the Plastic on the roll, Its funny how I am now getting moments of confusion, I think I will try and put it down to the fact we have a summer at last and the sun has gotten to me,
              It's true that many hands make work lighter, I would like to Thank you all because really many great minds has made this so much easier to solve, I will let you know how it went,

Lets say Hydrated it's going to be a Heat wave this week

Happy sewing,

Shirley C

Comment

Working...
              X