Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overlocker

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying this off Ebay, item num: 160335705373, would anyone be so kind and have a look for me, as I haven't used one before, and I would value your opinions.

many thanks

Chrissie

Re: overlocker

Have you looked at this one Argos, £20.00 more expensive but a well known seller and make. J lewis also do a budget range.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

thanks, what about this one Item number: 160335705373 I'm getting a bit confused, looked at the Argos one, but not J Lewis yet

Thanks again

Chrissie

Comment

eBay item: 160335705373 is a basic overlocker as is the Argos option - They both look fine for light work.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

If I were you I would "google" the actual model number and look at the reviews before I make a decision and look at the reviews.

Comment

thank you both very much

Comment

I recently had my sewing machine serviced. The engineer, who's view I respect, said Toyota overlockers were excellent value for money and needed far less attention than many of the much more expensive makes.

Comment

thank you rosie, I think i will go for a branded one looked around the internet, and some good bargains, my local singer sewing shop, where I bought my sewing machine from, has a Janome for about £215, so think I will go there on tuesday and have a look around.

Chrissie

Comment

My engineer is a Janome Service Centre listed engineer and still recommends the Toyota! Reliable and affordable too.

Comment

Having had a Toyota sewing machine I am sorry to say that I would never ever buy Toyota ever again - the machine spent more time in the service centre than it did in my workroom - its Janome for me every time now. Sorry Rosie but I can only speak as I have found.
                    Yvonne

Comment

I also speak as I find. Love my Janome Memory Craft machine but will be buying a Pfaff Grand Quilter asap. I also respect my engineer's view on sewing machines and overlockers as he spends his time servicing and fixing machines for a living. He would not buy a Toyota sewing machine but thinks their overlockers are reliable and excellent value for money.

Comment

Do you have a Toyota Overlocker then Rosie?
                        Yvonne

Comment

HI Chrissie,

I've had a Janome MyLock for about 8 or 9 years, quite a basic model. I bought it originally for personal dressmaking but now use it for cushions as well. It was pretty cheap (from John Lewis) and has served me well! It does need a bit of TLC, regular oiling, making sure that fluff and threads are cleaned out but it's easy to thread and overall I've been happy with it. When I bought a new domestic machine I also got a Janome as I had been so happy with the overlocker...

Incidentally, my machine supplier/servicer recommends Fristar + Rossman! But he was still able to fix mine when it went a bit haywire a couple of years ago.

Cheers
                          Sue

Comment

I have the same overlocker as you Sue, had mine for 5 years, I have had it serviced once by the local sewing machine shop who sell Janome, Pfaff, Brother Singer and a few others. The service I get is fantastic at reasonable price - they also allowed me to trade in my Toyota sewing machine 8 years ago when I didn't think I would be able to give it away!

I would however, be interested to know how the Toyota Overlocker compares to other brands and if anyone has one what their opinions are on its actual performance - I think it is a case of maybe going to John Lewis where they have various brands on display and having a go on them before buying. It is worth doing your homework online too to see what reviews there are.
                            Yvonne

Comment

Hi, I bought a Frister + Rossman Epochlock for £249 about a year ago from (sewingmachinesdirect.co.uk) and I love it. It was the first time I used an overlocker and I found it easy to thread and easy to use. The guy at above couldn't have been more helpful.

Ursula

Comment

Working...
                              X