3 metre soft tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 metre soft tape

One of the things I couldn't be without is my 3 metre tape. I saw the ladies in Abakhan using them and asked if they were available to buy. It cost less than £3 and is one of the best things I've ever bought. Also, being bright orange it's not so easy to loose.

Re: 3 metre soft tape

Sounds interesting what is it exactly? I may be being thick!
    Kim

Comment

Re: 3 metre soft Measuring tape

Oh, I'm the thicky! My 3m MEASURING tape. I'd only ever had the 60" ones before and ironed my favourite on while turning up a hem, which melted quickly and firmly to the bottom of my iron

Anyway, I now have my 3m one which is so much more useful than the little ones. You don't have any stopping and starting again, while measuring long pieces of fabric.

Comment

I've got one too, found it in the nickel and dime store when looking for binbags or something dull. £1.49 or £1.99, ridiculously cheap. I wish mine was orange, as it's got legs like all my metal tapes, my scissors, my pin box...Or we have a gadget fairy who keeps moving things, we certainly had a rubber fairy when my son was still doing homework in pencil. It' a really useful tape though.

Comment

Now I am not sure if this is true - but I was told to be careful using a soft tape as they can stretch - sorry to sound negative here, but worth watching in case.

Kathy
          K W Designs
          Bournemouth

Comment

Do you use a metal tape Kathy?

Comment

I do now for long curtains - have always used a metre stick before.
              K W Designs
              Bournemouth

Comment

Of course, silly me. I have a 1.5m one and always have to put in a pin and move it down. I was too busy chatting to my sister this weekend while doing her curtains that I cut one of the drops at 150cm instead of 300 because I'd left my marker pin in!! aarrggh!! I have never done that before. Obviously not paying attention, I have sorted it now but I was a bit red faced as I was trying to show what a bonafide professional I was. I am going to get me one of those 3m ones. I'm just glad it wasn't a paying customers fabric!
                Kim

Comment

Hi Kim,

Bad luck but glad it was fixable. A few folks were worried my tape might stretch. I have measured it against a steel tape and am pleased to say it hasn't grown a millimeter. I will, however, give it a check up every now and again just to be on the safe side!!

Comment

Working...
                  X