Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron nightmare!

Helllllp

I have been through 3 irons in the last month, the third one just died on me about 15 mins ago. Not good when i have lots of work to do. The irons are not the cheap end of the range, the one just died is a Morphy Richards comfigrip advanced which cost around £60, it has lasted 2 weeks at the most. Perhaps there is an industrial one that does not mind being left on alot?
    Please can anybody suggest and iron that is going to last. The one before lasted about a year, but i can,t remember what is was.

Love to see your suggestions

Ally
    Ally

Re: Iron nightmare!

I have a Philips Azur not sure of the model number but it is black. It is a really good powerful steam iron. I have tripped over the lead several times and landed on the floor (carpet) and it is still going strong. Had it about 6 months, I bought off Amazon for about £40ish. I used to have the cordless version of this and I absolutely loved it. I delayed buying this new one, until I had satisfied myself that it had been discontinued and that I could not get another. I loved the cordless feature, and I could go to the other end of my worktable without the cord trailing etc. I am guessing they had problems or just didn't sell enough of them, because you cannot buy them any more.

So I can recommend the Black Philips Azur (even if it has a cord).

Sue.

Comment

I'm with Sue, Philips Azur is a brilliant iron, it also goes into sleep mode when not used for a few minutes, wakes up again when lifted. This is probably why they last so long. If you type Azur in to the search box in the top right hand of the screen, you'll find more infor and comments.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I also have a Philips Azur (4200) - have had it ages, tripped over the cord & dropped it lots and it's still going strong. The sleep mode is great - I'm always forgetting to unplug it! and the self cleaning function is good too - we're in a very hard water area and it seems to cope.
        Jane

Comment

Ally, do take yours back to the shop - it shouldn't be defunct after just two weeks!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
          X