Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron nightmare!

Hi,
    I need a good iron, can anyone recomend a good one, looking at spending max £100.
    Thanks
    Sharon

Re: iron recomendation

I've always used Philips Azure iron, cost around £70.00 and I've had 2 in the last 4 years. The thing I like about this iron if that it switches itself off if not used. I also use a Propress steamer.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I have a Bosch Sensixx Comfort Secure - a Which? magazine best buy. I think it was £70-£80? 3m cord, auto-off if left switched on but not used, 2 steam settings and beautifully smooth sole plate.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
        I have been looking for a couple of weeks, using one of those really cheap ones that the supermarkers sell, which i use as a backup iron but really is rubbish. There are just sooooo many out there its difficult for me to decide which one
        Sharon

Comment

I too use the Philips Azure, I have just bought a new one - Philips Azure GC4340 it was £70.00 in comet but I got if from Amazon for £52.00 and free delivery. Fabulous iron!
          Kindest Regards,
          Karen

Comment

I also have a Phlips Azure 4200. Can't remember how much it was but have had it a good few years and haven't had any problems with it.
            Jane

Comment

Looks like the philips azure has the vote, will check it out tomorrow...
              thanks
              sharon

Comment

Philips Azure is on the way
                sharon

Comment

Iron review:
                  I'm impressed with my new iron.
                  Like the long cord.
                  Heats up fast.
                  Easy to fill.
                  Like that it has 6 levels of steam, and boy is number 6 a blast.......
                  But what i like the most, and the most important is..............love the funky blue light that lights up the water tank!!!
                  sharon

Comment

You've bought well Sharon, that iron will last you a long time and you'll notice the weight is excellent also.
                    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

You might want to make sure you use the spray button regularly. I haven't needed to use mine for a while and now it's clogged up and won't work. Guess it might help if I descaled the iron
                      Jane

Comment

Yes, nice and light too. Thanks for the tip Jane, will remember to do that.
                        sharon

Comment

Am I the only one who uses a steam generating iron? I do have a phillips Azur too but favour my steam genterating iron thats attached to a wheelie plant stand and extention lead so it wizzes around the cutting table with me !!!

I use it to lightly steam the linings of curtains once hanging in clients homes, I love mine! :P

Comment

The last iron i had was a generator, but was too big and bulky for me. I dont have much room around my worktable. I have a flexi extentiopn cable which hangs above my table so i plug in the iron and can use it over all my table. When i have finished i perch it on a shelf so thats why i went for a standard iron this time.
                            sharon

Comment

I am the same as Tam I have a Polti steam generator which is on a trolley with an extention lead which goes all the way around my table.
                              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                              X