Magnetic PIn Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic PIn Holder

I have a pin holder - Its like an oval saucer and its magnetised. Keeps pins stuck down and when you want to pick them up from the floor use it like a magnet.
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Re: Magnetic PIn Holder

Karen I have half a dozen of these some with pins on them and always an empty one on each machine. Wouldn't be without them

Comment

If you have a computerised machine with memories etc. to store stitches/patterns, keep anything magnetic away from it. Especially children's toys with magnets as these can be very powerful. There is a chance that the magnet could erase the memories. For this reason you should not use magnetic seam guides either.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

That is good advice Louise - I must admit that I only keep the magnetic things on my industrial machines and not on the computerised one

Comment

Guys where do you get these magnetic pin holders ?
          TIA
          Gerry

Comment

Gerry - I think I bought mine at John Lewis some years ago in a moment of shopping madness I didn't know that ebay existed then and I was just setting up my workroom. I have just looked on ebay and they are for sale at £4.99. If you do a search under "magnetic pin holder" you will come up with the goods.

Comment

I always understood that using a magnet for collecting or gathering pins was not a good idea. Something to do with the points of the pins being made blunt by clumping them all together as oppose to being stuck indivually in a pin cushion.
              I have no idea if its true or not but was never allowed to use them when I worked in a professional workroom.

Comment

I'll be getting one I love gadgets.

I dont mind having a few blunt pins as I buy them in such large quantities, the last lot of pins I bought was about three or four years ago and dont seem to have used many, so maybe the magnet blunting pins is a myth as I have a magnetic guide stuck to my industrial machine and only ever come across a blunt pin once evry so often.
                TIA
                Gerry

Comment

Working...
                X