Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self healing blackout lining

Hi

Can anybody tell me where i can get some self healing blackout lining? Is this the best type? Apparently is does not show the sewing holes so much, this is for 10 roman blinds i am about to make for a client.

Thanks

Ally
    Ally

Re: self healing blackout lining

Hi Ally
    The only self healing type fabric that I am aware of is called Dim-Out.This is not a true 3 pass blackout lining but does have some light diming properties. Edmund Bell supply this and it comes in a large range of colours. It is a very fluid fabric, more like a satin dress fabric.It is not easy to press. Hope that helps.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Penny and Ally,

The Outblack lining from Edmund Bell is sold as self healing but, having not used it, I can't vouch for this provenance! You can Google Outblack (aussie made) for a huge amount of info on the product.

Comment

Hi All,

I have the Edmund Bell folder with a small Outblack sample in it. It is not one I have bought before, so I tried the needle test on it. It did leave a hole, but perhaps not as noticeable as some others.

I have also used the dim-out for romans and curtains as a blackout interlining. It is also not entirely self healing, and a real @@gger to work with. It is one of those fabrics that you cannot get a straight edge on, and as Penny says is not easy to crease. I would use it again for curtains, but I'm not sure I would use it again for Romans.

I don't think they have invented the ideal product for us all yet.

Good Luck
        Sue.

Comment

I have never come across such a product myself, and am not even sure one exists. I use a supersoft 3 pass B/O lining and use a 3 layer method, using the B/O lining as an interliner - Stab stitch with a find needle.
          • Face fabric[/*:m:bpz7ykug]
          • 3 pass blackout lining[/*:m:bpz7ykug]
          • Cotton satten lining with rod pockets sewn in[/*:m:bpz7ykug]

The rod pockets fall over the stab stitches and I have never had a problem with light bleed using this method. I would recommend a good quality 3 pass B/O lining and the cheaper rubbery stuff.
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks for all your help, i usually buy my linings etc thorough hallis hudson could you recommend anywhere else to buy B/O lining at a resonable rate i am willing to buy 50 mtrs or so, then i would have it in stock.

Ally
            Ally

Comment

I buy mine from Evans Textiles and it's a very soft fabric and handles well.
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi

Just wanted to let you all know that i went with Outblack self healing lining from Edmund Bell in the end and i absolutely love it. It is very easy to work and would recommend it to everybody.

thanks for all your info

Ally
                Ally

Comment

Working...
                X