Curtain Lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Lining

Which curtain linings do you all recommend?

I am needing to replenish my stock. Previously I've used Copes platinum & more recently Evans Sundown silk which I am very happy with. Philip suggests evapure for blinds... Is this also a good quality lining for curtains?
    Anyway I would like a lining which is suitable for both curtains & blinds. I think I want to purchase form Price & co since they have all the other sundries I require (I'm trying to save on carraige charges). They do Excelsior Teflon - Superior Quality Sateen Lining or Imperial Quality- Standard Quality Sateen Lining.
    Does any-one have any experience with either or both these linings? Is there a lot of difference between them...?
    Regards
    Mairi

Re: Curtain Lining

I used to use the Excelsior from Price & Co up until about 6 months ago - it's a good quality lining but there is not much difference between the Imperial and the Excelsior in my opinion. I now buy my lining from Hallis Hudson and I use the Solprufe Teflon Coated Gold (the best lining they do) - I find it thicker than the Price & Co lining and price wise it is £0.70 per metre cheaper and I believe a better lining. Good luck.
    Yvonne

Comment

Edmund Bell do a really good range of linings, I am sure they would send out samples for you.
      Julie
      Julie

Comment

Hi,

I used to use Excelsior from Price and Co. but frankly it was too expensive, although a good quality lining. For the past couple of years I have been using Evans Evapure CR lining, which I think is of a similar quality and approximately 80p-90p cheaper per metre. It has a lovely drape and sheen to it, and has a high thread count, as the Excel. The CR finish makes it a bit more expensive, but it barely needs a touch with the iron, and I never have to re-iron before hanging.

I am considering switching to a different one for blinds, the one Philip is suggesting, although I'm not sure which one this is. Evans do SO many different linings. Consider Evans for their sundries too. They are considerably cheaper than Price & Co. (I hate saying that as Price and Co were my first supplier, and they are local to me, but this is business). I still use them for tracks and poles and trims but little else now.

Sue.

Comment

I use Evapure standard for roman blinds - Purchased from Evans texiles.
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
          X