recovered chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovered chair

This was covered to match some curtains that i made. Customer was really pleased that i could do it and very happy with the finished chair. I cant take the credit, i encouraged my husband to do it, with a little instruction and he did help me a little with the last one. I think he did a fab job on it. These will be his projects from now on. i just have to tell him
    sharon

[attachment=0:127o98uc]recovered chair and curtain.jpg[/attachment:127o98uc]

Re: recovered chair

a closer look.

[attachment=0:zybygtbq]recovered chair.jpg[/attachment:zybygtbq]

Comment

close up of double pinch pleat curtains.

[attachment=0:25ywfnir]double pinch pleats.jpg[/attachment:25ywfnir]

Comment

Again, more beautiful work!

Did your husband really do the chair? Has he been to upholstery classes? Did he use a tool to space his pins? They are very good!

Well done to both of you. I'm lost for words.

Comment

Yes he did honest. Actually the last time was my first time if that makes sense. I did a pair of chairs. Was encouraged to do them, they had the pins which i said i wouldnt be able to replace but could use braid on the edge. That was a big learning curve for me.They turned out great so was happy to take on this one. Also what i found out with the pins is that they are not all seperate as it looks. They come in strips, with a space every so often which you then use a single one to hold the strip on with. It does take quite a while to strip down the chair, taking out all the staples that are under the pins. If we had better tools we could do the job much quicker, like one of the those air staple guns......
          sharon

Comment

Sharon it all looks great! What fabric have you used on the chair please?

Philip
            Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Morning Sharon
              A great job. The fabric on the chair is just perfect it shows it off beautifully.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, hubby is loving it, im sure i can see his head swelling....haha
                the fabric is LA Tatton, duck egg Philip
                sharon

Comment

I've only ever used the individual nails. Is that why it takes me so long?

What is the chair fabric Sharon? - unless I've gone colour blind that doesn't look blue to me....

Comment

Hi Rosie, see previous post re fabric
                    and yes that is why it took you so long.....

Comment

so is the chair blue?

Comment

background is ivory, pattern is blue. Its a different job to the bedroom ensemble i did.

Comment

Working...
                        X