Quick upholstery guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick upholstery guide

I came across this and feel so inspired to learn how to upholster furniture.. I've said this before but I mean it this year... Something is going to get re-upholstered!

[youtube:2wiqf28v]ac1fYTmfYAs[/youtube:2wiqf28v]
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Quick upholstery guide

THAT IS FANTASTIC! I have to upholster a Victorian Sofa after the break and was wondering how I could do overstuffed arms without using the long, laborious traditional method. Thanks for posting the clip - I feel much more confident now to go ahead with foam. Unless you'd like it as your practise piece?

And, it certainly was a quick guide!

Comment

How to Foam an inside arm

This may be of use to you, Rosie..

[youtube:1vbg9kb6]_CThUGmDTIo[/youtube:1vbg9kb6][youtube:1vbg9kb6]9EyaBF1FYz8[/youtube:1vbg9kb6][youtube:1vbg9kb6]lyQZFuUMFMw&feature=channel_page[/youtube:1vbg9kb6]

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you Schuhby! More help is always appreciated. I wonder if they would lend me their staple guns.....

Comment

Hello All,

Hope you all had a fantastic christmas.

I am currently looking into and working on setting up a course on upholstery so if anyone is interested please can you pm me and I will get in contact with you.
          Kindest Regards,
          Karen

Comment

Hi all and hope you are all recovered from all thats doing the rounds........my ears are still popping from coughing, sneezing and nose blowing........guess what Santa, in the form of DH, gave me for Christmas, well as well as the lovely earrings!!
            I have just recovered an old piano stool, I was so bored that I HAD to find something to do, but thats not where I kept my nails. Still an interesting , and looks like a timely, video all round.

Enid

Comment

Chair backs

[youtube:754d4bup]3vlEgnKccVo[/youtube:754d4bup]

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hello Philip,
                Thank you for keeping me entertained with these videos.
                Has anyone used the metal tack strip like the man in the video? Mine has to be secured to the furniture prior to pushing the edge of the fabric between the spikes and then pushing it down onto the fabric. His looks much simpler.
                Happy New Year to you all. I hope you'll be donning your glad rags for a good celebration.

Comment

Now Philip I'm gpoing to cry. I have been attending upholstery classes to complete my first project a victorian iron back chair. It has taken me months. But the buttonholing does look lovely even if I say so myself........

I will NEVER begrudge spending out on a nice chair again, the amount of work that goes into them is amazing. I never realised how much pig hair was required and I cheated on the arms and used some rubberised hair!!!

If I can work out how will try and post a pic but it still isn't finished...

Comment

Working...
                  X