fabric quantities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabric quantities

Anyone agree??? I have four cushions, 60cm x 70cm x 10cm deep. All piped top and bottom. Brain frazzle, I estimate 5.20mts fabric?? Trying to draw plan, keeping gusset section in one piece as far as possible. Plain fabric, self piped, possibly Linara but it might be too pricey for customer.....

That's before I / she makes a decision on new foam, what a difference in pricing there is.......anyone recommend one particular supplier?? I have looked at the usual ones, been at this ages now and getting fed up.

Enid

Re: fabric quantities

Originally posted by enid View Post

That's before I / she makes a decision on new foam, what a difference in pricing there is.......anyone recommend one particular supplier?? I have looked at the usual ones, been at this ages now and getting fed up.

Enid
    I tend to use GB Foam or Martins for foam.

Comment

Hi Enid

You can also look at eFoam. I've used them before and they've been very helpful and quick to deliver.
      Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Hi Enid
        I make it 5.2m as well. To follow the grain through the gussets, you need to cut the gussets across the width, unless you railroad everything!
        I've used GB Foam most recently for foam.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Pen, thanks for that. I had mapped it out to make the gussets in one piece as far as the zips, and get the piping from the remaining sections. Don't do these often enough.
          Looked at the GB site, a thought.......if they sell the foam already FR, that surely removes these need to have the fabric treated????

Enid

Comment

Dont forget that Linara has a nap so you need to make sure that they are all going in the same direction or it shadows very slightly.....

Kxxx

Comment

Oh yes .....why did I agree to this??? Maybe she will choose another fabric??????

Comment

Linara is a fabulous fabric - almost nothing quite like it. And its washable too. Just thought I would give you heads up. Never quite recovered from making a 6 width curtain a few years ago and somehow one of the centre panels was the wrong way up. It looked awful! Rooky error really. But would hate you to have the frustration of making the same mistake

Comment

.......thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by katie griffin View Post
                    Linara is a fabulous fabric - almost nothing quite like it. And its washable too. Just thought I would give you heads up. Never quite recovered from making a 6 width curtain a few years ago and somehow one of the centre panels was the wrong way up. It looked awful! Rooky error really. But would hate you to have the frustration of making the same mistake
                    Does Linara shrink when washed?I might make some seat pads for my kitchen chairs

Maz

Comment

There is a small element of shrinkage as there will be with all fabrics. Usually okay if you put the covers on while still a tad damp. If you are really concerned about it wash it first before you make it up!

Comment

It washes like a dream at 30 degrees, used it for all the seat cushions in my conservatory. As Katie says, put the covers on when they're still slightly damp, it'll stretch back out.
                        CatherineL
                        Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

Working...
                        X