Quantities for buttoned headboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantities for buttoned headboard

I have to work out how much fabric for a deep buttoned headboard. Can anyone help me? Is it something like width measure plus 4 cms for each button across the width, and then the same for the vertical measurement? The plain border I intend to make as one very long strip allowing 3 times the finished length because it's pleated and so with manipulation the fabric strip can 'turn' the corners.

Caroline

Here is the photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	Billington Headboard 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	117646

Re: Quantities for buttoned headboard

If you are recovering the one in the photo, why don't you use a soft tape measure pushing into each tuft, making allowance for fabric to the back and any change in thickness of foam - then you can compare to your formula.

Comment

Re: Quantities for buttoned headboard

Yes you are absolutely right there's no substitute for taking measures of every conceivable bit of the headboard! I only took the most basic of measures while I was with the customer because they wanted a guideline price. I've now got the job, (with an overpriced estimation), and as the fabric component is not expensive I've gone ahead and ordered probably an extra metre than I need, because there's piping too I realised. Essentially I won't know all the work involved until I take off the existing fabric! I love a challenge!
      Caroline

Comment

Working...
      X