square bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• square bay

im going to make a flat pelmet using 4mm ply and it has a pelmet board large area of 200.25 cm two sides one at 77 cm and one at 76.5 cm and the returns at 12cm. would i buy the wood shorter for the sides and is it best to make the inner sides of the square bay separate to avoid creasing. the fabric is also quite thick. i just wondered what i should deduct from the original sizes

Re: square bay

Hi Dee,

If your going to make the bay in sections then I would make the front section the full width of the pelmet board and then butt the two sides up to it, you will need to allow for the thickness of the fabric on the width.
    I usually find that you don't have to reduce the size of the side pelmets by much or not at all as the thickness of the fabric velcro etc on the return takes up what is reduced by the pelmet across the front.

Hope this helps
    Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

thank you. is it better to do a square bay in sections or as a hinged piece i was worried about the corner inners

Comment

Hi Dee,
        It makes it easier to fit if you make in sections, but the returns do need to be hinged.
        Have you read the threads on stitching or using velcro to secure the internal corners
        Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

yes iv just read it. do you mean like a securing stick at the bottom edge where it meats the other one so it doesnt adrift.

Comment

Hi Dee,

Yes just a stitch at the bottom of the pelmet on the internal corners is usually sufficent to hold in place, using a velcro flap is a bit more belt and braces.
            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Working...
            X