Bay Window Pelmet Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Window Pelmet Help Please

Hi, I'm about to embark on my first bay window pelmet. In order to avoid fabric creasing at the joins I'm thinking of making it in sections. I've read 'thru all the posts and I think I know how to tackle it but I'm wondering if anyone can share any pitfalls to look out for !
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Bay Window Pelmet Help Please

Sorry - never done a bay pelmet.....but this might give you some tips bays. Keep looking down the page past all the ads!

Hopefully pelmetman will also have things to add......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise, that's the link I came across when searching for ideas. In theory it looks as if it should work. Slightly concerned about the joins meeting seamlessly, 'tho I read a tip on one of the topics about using wider velcro strips to fix. Should work?
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Cat,
        I would recommend that you fit the pelmet boards first, then you can take exact final measurements.
        Where the pelmets butt together in the corners you have two options, you can stitch the bottom edge or make a velcro flap to pull the two edges together so they fit nice and snug.
        Best of luck
        Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Thank you for that advice, Dave. You have confimed how I thought I'd approach it. That gives me confidence now, as your 'the man' for pelmets!
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

[attachment=0:2gwse4ym]IMG_0618.jpg[/attachment:2gwse4ym][attachment=1:2gwse4ym]IMG_0619.jpg[/attachment:2gwse4ym]

Hi there,

I too felt like you and took ages to cut out the fabric for these 3 Romans + matching padded pelmets. I was extremely nervous as it was the first job I had undertaken (for a friend), following my course at the NDA. Anyway pleased to say they turned out fine, just flat MDF board which my husband cut for me. I did take the boards round to the house before covering and we checked them for size. My husband also had to get some special metal brackets which came down from the ceiling for them to be fitted with. Just strips of velcro on the back and three years later they're still there. So just take a deep breath and go for it........., I'm sure they will be wonderful.

C.B.

Comment

Thank you for your help and advice C.B. I have a plan now of how to approach this job and hopefully it will be fine !
              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

That's lovely CB - well done you!!!!!

Comment

Dear CB I love the blinds. Can I ask how they pull up into the folds when they are so close to each other. I have always had to leave a gap between the blinds on an angled bay because I thought that the folds would be all squashed together in the angles and they would not pull up properly??

Julie
                  Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

There was just a tiny gap between the blinds and they went up & down really well. We did use the rotary chain fitments from Merrick & Day, and have used this system for other Blinds and it always works really well.

Am shortly going to make new Roman Blinds for our kitchen - 3 windows, and have decided to invest in this system, as do agree with everyone else's comments, they make life so much easier and hanging is so straight forward.

C.B.
                    France

Comment

Working...
                    X