Curved bay pelmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curved bay pelmet

I thought this straight curved bay that I have made this week might be of interest to fellow members.[attachment=2:2oelmh4h]003.JPG[/attachment:2oelmh4h][attachment=1:2oelmh4h]005.JPG[/attachment:2oelmh4h][attachment=0:2oelmh4h]006.JPG[/attachment:2oelmh4h]
    Regards Dave and Sue

Re: Curved bay pelmet

Fabulous!

Back to take a closer look!!!!

Comment

Dave,
      Fabulous Pelmet -
      Ursula

Comment

ooohhhhhhh my goodness that is amazing the whole pelmet is so neat how do you manage to make it look so lovely and tidy at the top where the fabric backing meets the wooden top also (another question ) how do you keep the front face fabric so close to the curve is it stuck to keep the shape,
        just fabulous x

Comment

Hi Alic,

At the top I make a series of cuts very close to the edge, and more often than not I end up having to restretch the fabric during making ie: I probably take out as many staples as I put in
          Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Hi Dave
            That does look superb! How do you make sure it is ripple free. Do you have a trade secret?
            The only way I can think you do it is to lightly dampen the fabric and "iron" or heat set it to the shape. I am probably barking up the wrong tree tho............
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Fabulous Dave & Sue, where on earth do you start? Wow amazing!

Do you template the window or does someone forward you the template.

Gosh if I made something like that I'd never get any sleep cos my nerves would be wrecked and the heartburn raging until I knew it fitted right

Comment

As I said to Alic I suffer from persistance Sue would say stubborn and I make from measurements but I try to build in tolerance.
                The measurements are the same as you would supply for a made to measure track pole etc, the most important measurement is where the returns touch, as that is what the customer see's
                Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Mind blowing , simply mind blowing , Oooo I just so wish I could do what you do so well So much talent!!! Me thinks you need to write a book!

Comment

Hi Tam,

Write a book That would be a turn up for the books, pardon the pun my old school teachers would be suprised If I could write
                    Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Hi Penny,

It is as I said to Alic persistance, but a lot of it is down to the fabric. When I first started we mainly used what I would term natural fabrics ie: cottons linens velvets etc, which are a treat to work with, but with the introduction of many new types of fabrics each one has its own characteristic, so you have to learn how to apply them each time which is a bit unfortunate as you only get one go at making a pelmet or the bill for getting it wrong
                      Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Dave,
                        Seriously why don't you do a book of template designs and instructions - you'd make a fortune.
                        Ursula

Comment

Hi Pelmetman,

I think what we want to know is however do you apply fabric to an internal curve and not get it going baggy all over the place? Just watching Jonathan Ross - maybe you use 'fillers' like Gordon Ramsay's cosmetic surgeon????

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth Jules how have you applied the fabric to the curve Dave ? Gosh your so talented, I wish I lived near to you, I'd love some lessons. There is no one up here in my neck of the woods that I know of that can do anything near to what you can do...... Please please right a book.....

Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Re the fabric application, I start at the top centre working towards the ends, and every 1" or so I snip towards the board edge as close as I dare. Once the top is finished I turn the pelmet over and first staple the seams to get them straight, and next each end as this helps to increase the sideways tension. I then staple from the centre pulling as tight as I can, sometimes I have to retension the top.

Hope this helps
                              Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X