Large square bay in sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large square bay in sections

This the front section of 7.8mtr bay, I will upload the pictures of the various stages of making, but it might take a while as I can only upload 3 pages at a time.[attachment=2:gtjt1odn]I have stapled this 4mm MDF fascia to a 6"x1" PSE top board.bay pelmet 1st section 002.JPG[/attachment:gtjt1odn]
    I have stapled 4mm MDF facia to 6"x1" PSE, then glued 6oz wadding and covered with synthetic domett.[attachment=1:gtjt1odn]bay pelmet 1st section 003.JPG[/attachment:gtjt1odn][attachment=0:gtjt1odn]bay pelmet 1st section 005.JPG[/attachment:gtjt1odn]
    Regards Dave and Sue

Re: Large square bay in sections

[attachment=2:r4qxyal5]bay pelmet 1st section 007.JPG[/attachment:r4qxyal5][attachment=1:r4qxyal5]bay pelmet 1st section 009.JPG[/attachment:r4qxyal5][attachment=0:r4qxyal5]bay pelmet 1st section 011.JPG[/attachment:r4qxyal5]
    Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

[attachment=0:1ocdyck4]bay pelmet 1st section 019.JPG[/attachment:1ocdyck4][attachment=1:1ocdyck4]bay pelmet 1st section 017.JPG[/attachment:1ocdyck4][attachment=2:1ocdyck4]bay pelmet 1st section 013.JPG[/attachment:1ocdyck4]The pictures are in reverse order, but are self explanitary, attaching cord and tassels, fixing lining, and finally the finished pelmet ready for Sue to hand sew, once that has been done I will roll the cord back and run the glue gun round the edge.
      I did take a lot more photo's but I will probably die of old age before manage to get them uploaded
      Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

W O W ! 7.8m - I can't imagine that.

Thank you.

Did you design the scallop sizes/numbers to fit in with the pattern?

Does the polytubing help you man-handle the pelmet on your table?

However long is your van? lol.

Comment

Hi Jules,

The polythene is there to protect the table from spray glue, I don't usually apply the wadding in this part of the workshop.

I worked out the scoop sizes to follow the horizontal pattern repeat, and no my van is not long enough, I've got a drafty trip down to Newmarket next week
          Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Absolutely amazing - just gorgeous
            Ursula

Comment

Beautiful work very impressive.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Fabulous work!

I thought thats how you described the make up in your other post but unsure until I saw these photos.
                So you make your's up much as you would a lathe and facia with the facia and top board as one? Or have I got that wrong?

It makes sense to make it that way so theres no velcro attached that sometimes causes problems? I'd be interested in your theory and practical solutions !

Well done, they look great

Comment

Absolutely fantastic, Dave. To date, I have only made small straight pelmets but as it happens I have a client at the moment who would like something similar to the one you've shown. Thanks to these excellent step by step pics. I now know how to approach it!!

Cat
                  Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Tam,

Yes I prefer to make my pelmets with the facia fixed to the top board, I find it makes the whole pelmet much more rigid. I usually make my bays in one peice aswell, I curve the internal corners to cure the problem with fabric creasing.

Regards
                    Dave
                    Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Very informative photos Dave. Wish you still lived around here - I would love to see you and Sue at work! Do you have a photo of the pelmet finished and up at the clients window?

Sas

Comment

Hi Dave fabulous pelmet i agree now it makes sense to do it your way unless the pelmet board is already up.
                        I'm with tam love to have the theory and practical behind it. Second thoughts rubbish at theory more practical for me pleaseeeeeee.
                        Do you put wadding on the back of your pelmets or just hand sew on the lining

regards
                        Irene

Comment

Hi Sas Irene,

Pelmet went up yesterday after a chilly and fume filled 2 1/2 hour journey, with the back door on the van open. It then had to go through an upstairs window as it was for the master bedroom, but it was a perfect fit which is always a relief even after all these years, and it was for a new customer in Bury St Edmunds so a double relief especially as she is interested in the stool range.

Hope to have some pictures emailed to me by our friend who fitted it and hung the curtains etc, as we had to go and do other deliveries, picked up another order for next delivery, 4.5mtrs so another cold smelly trip this time 3 1/2 hours

Re the wadding on the back, I normally only add wadding to the back if its an internal window ie from conservatory into the lounge situation, when I would also self line the back aswell.
                          Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Pictures have arrived.[attachment=25kpduu7]P1030432.JPG[/attachment5kpduu7][attachment=15kpduu7]P1030433.JPG[/attachment5kpduu7][attachment=05kpduu7]P1030434.JPG[/attachment5kpduu7]
                            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

That is simple stunning. The whole combination is perfection.
                              Did the client want the scalloped edge, or did you suggest it after seeing the horizontal pattern repeat. From the looks of it, the pattern repeat couldn't have been a better fit to the corners really could it!!
                              I hope your client was suitably thrilled.

Sas

PS hope you've warmed back up again!

Comment

Working...
                              X