Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone to quote/make arch shaped pelmet

Hi there,
    I have to quote for a job with an arched shaped pelmet, 353cm long. If the quote is successful, I will need it made up and installed. The window is 352cm high at the highest point, and access is a bit tricky, although possible, because there are stairs in front of the window (it is a barn conversion). Can anyone do it, or recommend someone? I can do smaller pelmets but this is just too big for us.
    Many thanks
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Re: Someone to quote/make arch shaped pelmet

These people make bespoke pelmets but do not fit....... Pelmets Direct , likewise OnTop.

Also found this company near Witney Topline.
    These people might make and fit, or just fit, if there is a franchise near you Fit-ex.

Hopefully someone might know of someone nearer......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I use Topline for all my pelmets (but they are only 5 miles away from me!).
      Highly recommend and Vince is very easy to deal with.
      Yvonne

Comment

Thanks for the sites Louise (do you ever get any work done?) and for the recommendation, Yvonne. Will keep that one for future use.

Unfortunately, the couple have come back to me - they've decided to have a valance instead of a pelmet, on the existing track (I hate valance tracks). And I couldn't persuade them to have a blind on the ranch window - they want curtains down to the radiator as now, so the curtains end up being twice the length of the window, and neither short or long. And they dont want to change the so-called brass poles which have plastic finials and rings and are a bright yellow colour. And they've ended up choosing a fabric which is virtually the same as the one they have.

When they called, they said they wanted a change
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison

Comment

Don't you just love 'em? At least they want new and haven't decided to stick with the old curtains!

Comment

Oh well, at least you've got some pelmet people to put on file for next time.......

I try and fit work around my 'research' - my Explorer internet favourites have favourites.......you never know when you might need this stuff!
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Jules, they haven't seen the cost yet....
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison

Comment

Lol, Pen! Keep us up to date.

And Louise - you keep searching and marking your favourites!!! We couldn't survive without your efforts

Comment

Poor you Pen, fingers crossed you get something out of it.
                  I have one at the moment who is "doing my head in" and the result of my excess alcohol consumption!
                  Quoted 2 years ago - bedroom curtains, headboard and valance.
                  Came back to me 4 weeks ago we need it for Christmas - no can do I am booked out! Gave in and no have been beaten down on price on fabric - although it has gone up kept it at the same price, my price for making remains the same. Price for fitting has gone down as found someone more economical. Headboard is the same price too - they now don't want to pay to have the headboard fitted and ...... I probably don't need to go on ..... but have just received latest email saying could I keep the "bits" from the headboard as they may want to use these in the bed valance ..... what are these people on I ordered 10.7m to a 6ft piped headboard and a pair of pinch pleat curtains (3 widths) - do they think I am telling them too much fabric or what .... or do they think a hankerchief size piece of fabric will make 10 box pleats for a bed valance - unbelievable! Can you tell irritable I am getting!
                  Yvonne

Comment

Yvonne, take a deep breath..... Don't let em grind you down. When they're swanking you will know how penny pinching they are and be able to smile serenely to yourself. Give them every single little scrap in a carrier bag and just watch their faces!

Comment

I agree....right down to the excess bits of piping, minus the cord of course. What gets me is that these people would never behave like this if they were going to JL and others......they certainly would not have kept their prices the same, and as for this trawling the internet for discounts......gets right up my left nostril. I am being polite.

Enid

Comment

Giggling furiously Enid!!!! Whats up the right nostril ,,, Ooooo I dont think I want to know

Comment

Love the idea of giving them every scrap ... would save me having to put it in my bin. Might try that in future if I get irritated enough by someone.
                          Kind regards
                          Pen Harrison

Comment

I've actually done that...

Comment

more information required, please Nic...........

Comment

Working...
                              X