Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loomstate pelmet

Hi Philip
    I have being asked to do a 10mtr soft pelmet for conservtary and am concerned about the corners
    creasing I under stand it can't be helped to a certain extent but I think you wrote somewere that
    you stitched 3 lines of machine stitching in the corners (sorry can't find the post you sent in)
    did that make a difference to the front of your pelmet. Was you happy with the way it came out or would you have done things differently any tips x

Regards

Irene

Re: loomstate pelmet

Hi Irene

While I like the loomstate canvas for straight pelmets, I wasn't so happy with the finish it gave on internal corners - I feel the only successful way around windows with internal and external bends is to either use sections or build and upholster a wooden pelmet.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I have made loomstate pelmets and also plywood pelmets.... having compared the properties and make of both, I only offer plywood pelmets.
      Whilst loomstate pelmets are very attractive to look at and give the illusion of being made from wood they are far too time consuming to make and not very stable on a wide width.
      This is what works most successfully in my workroom.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Philip and Penny thanks for reply, customer wanted a soft pelmet so no option than to use loomstate, bit worried now how it will turn out.

When I put up the velcro I could skip across the corners a little so they are more rounded do you think that will work.

Regards

Irene

Comment

Just being to fit curtains and 10mtr loomstate pelmet and never again I hate it, im so dissapointed it took ages to make and I was so careful to get it smooth, or so I thought. I feel sick at the thought, customer was fine with it but it was on the tip of my tongue to say i was'nt satisfied and I should take it back but then I thought what could I do with it! never never will I do a pelmet that long. I did take a photo but can't remember how to post it. (Not that I want to be reminded of it)

Just going to console myself with a cream cake....

Irene

Comment

Oh Irene I know how you feel but I am sure the customer is pleased, so don't beat yourself up with it. Years ago I did a pelmet that I knew wasn't quite right but I really didn't know how to make it better.
            Hope you enjoyed the cake, and perhaps a large glass or four of wine tonight, and move on!!
            Janie

Comment

[attachment=0:b4lpydxj]pelmetb.jpg[/attachment:b4lpydxj][attachment=1:b4lpydxj]pelmeta.jpg[/attachment:b4lpydxj]

Comment

I think that looks great, well done to you and curtains are fabulous too. It would be a very churlish person who found fault with it.
                Janie

Comment

I was wondering where you would need such a long pelmet - now I know!

I think it looks good - plain fabric is so difficult to get looking smooth..... if you had made it with pelmet buckram I think you would have concerns about it looking flat along such a long length, and about it warping when the conservatory got hot in the summer.
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Irene, you should be really proud of your loomstate pelmet! As everyone who posted said, it ain't the easiest thing to make and make 'stretched and straight'. I have only done external corners not internal ones and I would be holding my head high with that 10m soft pelmet. At the end of the day you have delivered what your client wanted and executed it as well as anyone else could have done! Feet up and relax this evening!

Comment

Thankyou all for your nice comments, I think I was expecting the imposible with that pelmet 10mtr is a lot to work with, (still not making another one) I do feel a little better now Fatter but better thanks to dare I say, 2 cream cakes...

Thankyou Philip for posting photos

Kind Regards

Irene

Comment

Hi Irene
                        it looks great
                        you should be proud
                        regards
                        lss

Comment

Irene.....it looks really great. How you managed 10m I have no idea - it must have been a nightmare but the end result is excellent.
                          You should be very proud of it.
                          Jane

Comment

Irene I think you have done a fantastic job considering the length of the pelmet and the materials you have been asked to use.

I have experience of loomstate canvas and it will never appear as ridgid as plywood.

So give yourself a big pat on the back and just learn from the experience.
                            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Irene , well done you, it looks fab.

Sometimes I think we are our own harshest critic, don't be too critical Irene, you did a great job

Comment

Working...
                              X