seams on a pelmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seams on a pelmet

Hi just wondered what to do have made an upholstered pelmet today more than 1 width of fabric required so had to put in seams normally i would centralise my whole width and have equal amounts either side from the edge of the pelmet to the seam but in doing this the pattern ran off (flower on left hand side but not on the right hand side because it had gone around the edge of the pelmet) should i in this instance forget about the seams being equal and position the pattern so flowers both sides or go with the equal seams helpppppppp

Re: seams on a pelmet

I would go for the pattern as the most important feature Alic. Anyone looking at it would realise straight away why you had made the decision. If you went by the seam I think you would leave yourself open to critisism. It you stand 12 feet away from the pelmet what would you want to see at a glance, the seam or the even pattern????

Comment

you're right if i stood back and looked at it i shouldnt think you would even see the joins (unless i didnt get them matched up right !! ) thanks ali

Comment

Aaah I get it now - - - It's Ali C - not Alic. Stupid old man

Comment

Working...
        X