Lambrequin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambrequin

Hi, Having never made a Lambrequin before I am feeling rather nervous about posting these pictures to let you see. I know it's rather an elaborate dressing for a skylight window but it's what the customer wanted and I think it's worked well. What do you think?

Cat C.

Before
    [attachment=2:11yz9p94]HPIM1368.JPG[/attachment:11yz9p94]

After

[attachment=1:11yz9p94]HPIM1493.JPG[/attachment:11yz9p94]

[attachment=0:11yz9p94]HPIM1483.JPG[/attachment:11yz9p94]
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Lambrequin

What an improvement, I bet you're floating!!!! Well done you, big pats on the back for you!! It was a real hard job and you did a grand job for a difficult customer.

Comment

What an improvement on the original!! You must be chuffed to bits as it really looks good .

Enid

Comment

100% improvement on what was there - it's absolutely beautiful, wish I could make one of those lambrequins - well done from me to you.
        Ursula

Comment

Thank you Ladies. The more I compare the before and after pics. the happier I feel. I can tell you I was not looking forward to it as I am my own worst critic and I just couldn't imagine it looking right, so I am very relieved. The client is very happy too, so nice to deal with.

Cat C.
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

That looks really fantastic what a beautiful job you have made of it. Well done you must be thrilled
            Janie

Comment

Thank you Janie. I'm pleased with it.

Cat C.
              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Wow Cat wonderful job, well done . What an improvement ~Fab!

How did you end up attaching it all

Comment

What a difference you have made!

It should give us all hope that whatever 'before' we find (oh, that heart sinking feeling and the hope that your face doesn't give away the horror you feel!) a bit of hard work and research can find a solution.
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

That is simply lovely Cat - You should be very proud of yourself. I hope the customer was thrilled.

Sas

Comment

Thank you all for your very positive comments. You have given my confidence a real boost. Thank you also, to those who replied to me pleas for help, when I didn't have a clue what to do. Philip, for sending me a solution to defy gravity by putting a roman blind on a skylight window and Pen for suggesting ways that it could be fixed to the window.

Tam - I have copy/pasted Pen's reply to me, I went for the second option and it worked a treat!

Okay Cat, if you cant fix the battens inside the window, make up a frame to fit outside, then attach the ply and cover ply and frame at the same time. I would then fix it with straight metal brackets from the inside of the frame to the inside sides of the window, if you see what I mean. Alternatively you could screw through the frame edge of the lambrequin into the wall and then edge the lambrequin with gimp or braid to cover the screws. )

Cat
                      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Any pictures, Cat?
                        Kind regards
                        Pen Harrison
                        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Wow just shows you what a good window treatment and a great curtain maker can do. Well done.

Comment

Hi Pen, Do you mean apart from the two pics. I posted ?

Cat
                            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Sophie, Thank you. I don't know about the great curtain maker.!! Hopefully, I will get there one day 'tho. I will need a lot more window treatments under my belt before then, but it's nice when you have a plan and it goes well.

Cat
                              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
                              X