Self lined plywood pelmet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self lined plywood pelmet

I was wondering if anyone has made a self lined pelmet. I was browsing M & D’s encyclopedia last night and noticed this. I thought it sounded like a good idea. It certainly would save time!
    Kind regards
    Colina

Re: Self lined plywood pelmet

Hi Colina, I have lined a pelmet in the same fabric as the face fabric if thats what you mean but I'm not sure it saved me any time.
    KarenS

Comment

Hi Karen, It was one piece of fabric wrapped right round the plywood (page 244 of the encyclopedia). It did say it wasn’t a suitable method for some types of fabric! I’ve just made three small pelmets the normal way and wish I had tried this method on one of them to see if it worked. I have a 4M pelmet to make next and would be nervous making such a large one using this method!
      Kind regards
      Colina

Comment

How funny, I had a play day with Philip at the weekend and we made a couple of upholstered ones (my usual efforts are the velcro type). We wrapped the fabric right round on one of them as the fabric just happened to be the right size. It was fitted yesterday but I don't have any pics of it fitted just yet - it was to cover the top section of a door recess (with an inside recess door curtain) so the batten was able to be attached right on the edge of the recess and the pelmet needed minimal projection. The thick wool made the corners a bit tricky - we did what Philip calls a bit of mackling (not sure of the spelling on that word) but in Yorkshire we call it fettling. It involved a hammer! Maz

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-11-2017, 16 40 53 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	115584 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-11-2017, 16 41 20 (1).jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	115583

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-11-2017, 16 41 25 (1).jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	115585 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-11-2017, 16 41 41 (1).jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	115586

Comment

Very nice indeed Maz. I’m afraid my pelmets are the Velcro type!
          Kind regards
          Colina

Comment

Lovely fettled pelmet Maz . Colina, It must be possible but I wonder how the inner fold will work out with one piece on a velcro, I presume Essex board, pelmet. After covering when you fold the sides back, will the inner covering bag out more than if you had covered it separately with lining? not sure that makes sense but hopefully you'll see what I mean....it may take some trial & error to get it right. Tempted to have a go...
            KarenS

Comment

Working...
            X