Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Cushions on Arms

Hello

I have been asked to make a cover for a sofa and armchairs with cushions that are attached to the top of the arms with zips. I have taken the cushions off and am covering the cushions separately but I was thinking of putting velcro on the cushions and the cover to hold the cushions in place. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how they would have done it. I had thought of making life easier and ignoring the fact that the cushions came off and filling in the gaps with wadding, but I didn't think this would look good. The sofa is a sofa bed, I am planning to put a zip around the seat area so that the cover does not need to be removed when used as a bed.

Regards
    Andrea
    Regards

Andrea

Re: Attached Cushions on Arms

There are some pieces which are just not designed for loose covers & I think this is one of them
    Anyway it looks like you have started so yes I would agree that velcro will be your easiest option tho how successful it will be I don't know. Could you perhaps buy zips & make up the same as previous. This would involve seams where you wouldn't have normally had them also precision when fitting said Zips
    When I have covered bedsettee's I leave the centre of the base without fabric ie. I make panels all around the mattress just like the original will have. I make them oversized so they drop down inside the frame. This way it is easy for the mattress to be unfolded.

Hope this all helps...
    Regards
    Mairi

Comment

Re: Attached Cushions on Arms

Hi Mairi

Yes I had thought of using zips on the cushion, and I am now rethinking the velcro idea. I also like your idea of leaving the centre of the base for the bedsettee uncovered and the client is happy to use this method.

Many thanks
      Andrea
      Regards

Andrea

Comment

Working...
      X