Never say never......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never say never......

It's more than (gulp) 20 years since I last did any studying. After I completed my accountancy qualification, I swore I would never do any more exams. Ever. Well, now I have to eat my words - I've just signed up to do the Diploma in Interior Design at the NDA.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!
    CatherineL
    Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Re: Never say never......

Originally posted by CatherineL View Post
    It's more than (gulp) 20 years since I last did any studying. After I completed my accountancy qualification, I swore I would never do any more exams. Ever. Well, now I have to eat my words - I've just signed up to do the Diploma in Interior Design at the NDA.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!
    Best of luck Catherine. I'd be very interested to hear how it goes. I seem to enjoy training far more with this job than I did with my old one in IT as a programmer - funny that!
    Maz

Comment

Good luck with it - I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it. I did this a couple of years ago and am glad I did.

Angie

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine accountancy exams being half as much fun as an interior design course ..... I do wish I liked the numbers a bit more! :P

Comment

Good luck Catherine, this course is one I am sure you will enjoy! Wish I liked number work more but it's always been the pretty things that attracted me... give me fabric over pythagoras theorem anytime!
          Melanie

Kind regards

The Curtain Room

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Good luck Catherine, this course is one I am sure you will enjoy! Wish I liked number work more but it's always been the pretty things that attracted me... give me fabric over pythagoras theorem anytime!
            Me too! To this day, I still have no idea how I passed my Higher maths exam. At least accounting is basically arithmetic
            CatherineL

Comment

I too once thought that after all those accountancy exams (still in my head 1.8mins per mark!!) - then I did SCUBA exams (more fun though), then in the last 4 yrs I have completed 3 diplomas and a foundation. Now I think I can call it a day on the formal studying - still do plenty of research/reading.
              All the best, it is much freer using the creative side of the brain.

Comment

Best wishes, Catherine, I'm sure you'll have great fun doing it!
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Catherine

If you need any help let me know, I did that course and finished it in 2010, and have just stated my foundation degree with NDA, which may be a bad thing LOL.

If you pay me enough I can photocopy all me course work and email it to you.

No only kidding, if you get stuck, give me an email, when I did it it was always posted, but now I think you will be on the Virtual Learning System. Which will be loads quicker.
                  Kind Regards
                  Julie Monty

Comment

Thanks for all your encouragement. I'm really looking forward to getting started on the the course and Julie, thanks for your offer of help (and the photocopies ....!). I may well be in touch....
                    CatherineL

Comment

I hope you have a blast
                      Warm Regards,

Lizzie
                      Signature Interiors

Comment

That's fantastic Catherine well done for taking the plunge. I am sure you won't regret it. Please let us know how you get on.
                        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Good luck & am sure you will enjoy it. I did a C&G Interior Design diploma 13 years ago & had fun with it. Would love to have more scope to use design ideas...Let us know how you are getting on & if you want to discuss anything. best wishes KarenS
                          KarenS

Comment

Good luck from me too.........................although I reckon with your fab name you are half way there already!

Comment

Woo hoo!! Very pleased to say that I've passed the NDA's Diploma in Interior Design. It's taken me a bit longer than I originally thought it would - work and life in general do tend to get in the way of studying.

Would thoroughly recommend the course to anyone who would like to understand more about what's involved in designing an overall scheme and how soft furnishings fit in.

And now it's wine o'clock to celebrate!
                              CatherineL

Comment

Working...
                              X