Sue Hazell - Sewing Tuition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue Hazell - Sewing Tuition

Just back from a relaxing day's training with Sue in Chipping Norton. I chose to take the Arched Window course as something a bit out of the ordinary.

There were just three of us in the class so we got helpful and thoughtful attention through the day. The training room was well equipped and comfortable and the course materials clear. Sue was keen to hear our input and adaptable in her approach. I would recommend this day to anyone wanting to learn how to construct beautiful handmade pleated curtains for an arch, and understand italian stringing.

Lunch was provided as were hot drinks and cakes!

For more info check out Sue's entry here
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Sue Hazell - Sewing Tuition

I attended the course on Arched Windows today with Sue Hazell. The course was informative and practical; nothing was too much trouble for Sue. The atmosphere was totally relaxed and friendy and with just 3 on the course I felt that Sue was able to give time to each of individually but also managed to get us to work as a team to achieve the finished result; i.e. an arched curtain with hand pleated buckram heading, to be italian strung to dress and hang. Sue's workroom was light and airy and comfortable with all the equipment you needed, she had some very helpful and useful advice in other areas than the course we were working on today. A valuable day out of the workroom and the other 2 team members today were able to assist and evaluate so we all learnt much more than Arched Windows today. I would sincerley recommend taking one of Sue's courses. For me personally it was a real confidence boost and my heartfelt thanks to the other two ladies concerned!!
    Yvonne

Comment

I was the other member on yesterday's course and heartily agree with what has already been said. It was a lovely day, especially putting faces to names, although that was not the point of the exercise. One of the side effects of these days must be the fact that not only does one learn the subject of the course, there is always that little tip or trick that one picks up from the others attending. After a while working ones brain goes into automatic pilot so it was nice to have to think something new.

A good enjoyable course with a pleasant tutor, surroundings, company and of course the lunch and cakes.

Now I just have to find some houses with Arched windows to practise.

Enid

Comment

Hi Louise, Yvonne and Enid

You sound like you had a great day, do you have any photos to share with us?

Hopefully

Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Have posted photos of my sample in the Gallery.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you for your kind words ladies - I have now moved in to a new purpose built studio - come up & see me sometime !
            Sue Hazell Cert Ed. PCE

Comment

Working...
            X