Evans Textiles Track Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans Textiles Track Day

I went to Manchester yesterday for a track day run by Evans Textiles (my partner got very excited and wanted to come, but backed off when he realised that I wouldn't be driving a Ferrari very fast!).

The course covered all of Evans domestic and contract tracking products - from their standard KS system right up to the technical aspects of setting up motorised systems using wireless automation and making them interface with other automated systems used by architects and builders. I learnt that it's possible to close your blinds from your iPad ... not exactly ready for that yet, but it's nice to know you can do it!

I've been a convert to Evans tracks for a long time, but I learnt a lot about how they could be used in different situations, how easy it is to bend tracks for bays, and particularly what the most efficient way is to put Roman blinds together using components, which is what I do. The Evans system for putting corded tracks together is also very simple (although there is definitely a need for a Youtube video - Carl??). There were four people on the course including me; two were professional fitters with long experience, and even they found out useful stuff which they didn't know already; the fourth was a distributor of the 'market leader' in tracks, who I think was taken aback by the price, function and quality of the Evans range in comparison to what their competitors offer.

Evans have a close working relationship with their supplier, Forest, in Holland, and feed back any issues into ongoing product development, which is good to know. For me, one of the key advantages to Evans tracks is the pared-down range of components (one bracket fits all!) which means that I don't need to tie up cash in tons of bits and pieces for different tracks.

We had an interesting discussion over lunch about proposed changes to legislation which will affect producers of Roman blinds - nobody seemed to have a cost-effective or practical solution, and the need to alleviate cord loops on the backs of blinds will be a big issue for all of us if it goes through; think we need to watch this one very carefully.

All in all, well worth the day trip across the M1/M62 at 50mph - I'd recommend it particularly to fitters, but think there is also something there for most curtainmakers too.

Re: Evans Textiles Track Day

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    I went to Manchester yesterday for a track day run by Evans Textiles (my partner got very excited and wanted to come, but backed off when he realised that I wouldn't be driving a Ferrari very fast!).

The course covered all of Evans domestic and contract tracking products - from their standard KS system right up to the technical aspects of setting up motorised systems using wireless automation and making them interface with other automated systems used by architects and builders. I learnt that it's possible to close your blinds from your iPad ... not exactly ready for that yet, but it's nice to know you can do it!

I've been a convert to Evans tracks for a long time, but I learnt a lot about how they could be used in different situations, how easy it is to bend tracks for bays, and particularly what the most efficient way is to put Roman blinds together using components, which is what I do. The Evans system for putting corded tracks together is also very simple (although there is definitely a need for a Youtube video - Carl??). There were four people on the course including me; two were professional fitters with long experience, and even they found out useful stuff which they didn't know already; the fourth was a distributor of the 'market leader' in tracks, who I think was taken aback by the price, function and quality of the Evans range in comparison to what their competitors offer.

Evans have a close working relationship with their supplier, Forest, in Holland, and feed back any issues into ongoing product development, which is good to know. For me, one of the key advantages to Evans tracks is the pared-down range of components (one bracket fits all!) which means that I don't need to tie up cash in tons of bits and pieces for different tracks.

We had an interesting discussion over lunch about proposed changes to legislation which will affect producers of Roman blinds - nobody seemed to have a cost-effective or practical solution, and the need to alleviate cord loops on the backs of blinds will be a big issue for all of us if it goes through; think we need to watch this one very carefully.

All in all, well worth the day trip across the M1/M62 at 50mph - I'd recommend it particularly to fitters, but think there is also something there for most curtainmakers too.
    Ah, so that's what you were up to on the M62. Sounds like a useful day - are they running any more? My life is Roman blinds (how sad) so I have been thinking I may be out of work very soon if new legislation comes in.

Maz

Comment

Re: Evans Textiles Track Day

Thanks Jackie for your feedback & for sharing this info which is really interesting. Feel I must attend a track day now!
      KarenS

Comment

Working...
      X