Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colly Brook Fine Furnishings Business study day

Hi All,
    Just wanted to say what a wonderful day I have just had in Pen's fantastic workshop (its not a posh enough word to describe it though, and the setting- ooohhh!). It was lovely to put faces to names on the forum and not only have I come away having made new friends, I have also learnt so much about the business side of things that I feel much more confident to bite the bullet and pursue this as a career rather than as a favour to friends and family.

Thank you Pen.

Debra

Re: Colly Brook Fine Furnishings Business study day

Ditto Debra. Hope your journey back wasn't too arduous? Just had a most profitable day with Pen in her wonderful Colley Brook establishment. It really was just like meeting up with old friends, this is to all the new people that I haven't met before, but have communicated with on this forum. The day course was professional and friendly, and have learnt a huge amount, so thank you so much Pen. The setting was spectacular in the lovely Worcester countryside and Pen couldn't have been more helpful. The lunch was pretty amazing too.
    Cathie

Comment

Ditto all above, - It was a wonderful day from start to finish, I would highly recommend it to you all. Pen is a very likable lady, her workroom and the company setting were amazing and I came away thinking what a wonderful business she has and how hard Pen had worked not only to make our course run well, but also to build her business. The day was very inspirational .

Very many thanks to you Pen.
      Liz

Comment

Sounds like you all had a great time...
        I know Pen only recently wrote the course I am sure she will be delighted with everyones feedback. I think I might book up myself
        It sounds really interesting.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I too had an excellent day, and enjoyed meeting so many Decozo members. I have incorporated some of the feedback and comments into the course, ready for the next one on 24 June. Only four places left - you'd be welcome, Penny!!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Having just got back to Pembrokeshire, I must agree with all the above comments - I too really enjoyed the day - it was a great confidence boost to all of us - we all admitted to times when we are not confident enough about our abilities and skills, and Pen was great at convincing us of the worth of our work. Highly recommended!
            Rosannagh

Comment

What great feedback~ Pen I bet you are chuffed

Glad you had a fab fab day , sounds like a great time was had by all.

Any photos??? You know we love a photo here on Decozo

Comment

Thanks to Pen for agreeing to run an earlier course than originally planned! I had a great day, picked up some great advice and loved meeting up with lovely forum members. It was great for us all to put faces to names but unfortunately not one of us remembered to get the camera out - what a shame (but at least it's a great excuse to try to meet up again in the near future!)
                Donna

Comment

I would love to go to the one in June but the only thing stopping me at the moment is the distance. I would need to know it was what I was looking for to make the journey myself. I live in Ayrshire in Scotland.
                  Would it be possible to tell me what is covered in the course please?
                  Julie B

Comment

There are course details on Pen's site Colly Brook Fine Furnishings that should get you started.
                    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Julie, if you give me a ring (01584 781255) I can go through what the day covers.

Regards
                      Pen
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison

Comment

Hi Folks,
                        Can't believe it's so long since I last logged in that I had to reset my password!!! How could I forget? (actually think it was to do with cookies not being saved, so have made Decozo an exception!).
                        I too am one of the lucky ones who got to eat homemade parsnip and pecan cake and, at the same time, get my head around the finer points of how not to chase your tail in this game. I am no longer 'someone who works from home...'
                        The best part of the day for me (other than the meeting old and making new friends, enjoying Colly Brook with Pen and Geoff's hospitality) was realising that you have to make your business your own. There is no point being handed a list of 'do this ... charge that ...', it's about being given access to the tools to enable one to work out just 'what to do' and 'how much to charge'. All a bit like give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.
                        It has certainly made me sit and take stock of my life.
                        Thank you Pen (and Geoff), I'm sure the course will grow, just as we will, and go from strength to strength.
                        Now, when was that arched window course?

Comment

Hello, I just thought I would give you all advance notice of the next 'Running Your Own Soft Furnishings Business' date - Friday 27 January. If anyone would like me details, please visit my website or pm or call me.
                          Kind regards
                          Pen Harrison

Comment

Hi all, have enjoyed a very worthwhile day and would recommend to anyone thinking of taking the plunge. Thanks Pen, for making us welcome,lovely to meet you and other Decozo members. Will try to put all that good advice/infomation into practice, starting now!

PS Great lunch too!
                            __________________________________________________ __________________________

Heather

Comment

Hi Heather, and thank you for the kind words. I also had an enjoyable day and learnt from each of you. Just catching up with the paperwork now. Will hope to run this course again in the autumn.
                              Kind regards
                              Pen Harrison

Comment

Working...
                              X