Denton Drapes Observer Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denton Drapes Observer Day

Hi just returned from a great day at Denton Drapes. I went to observe a silk, interlined curtain with a contrast leading edge and a bobble trim inserted in between the leading edge, being made. Situated just off the M1, Denton Drapes was really easy to find especially with the great directions from Yvonne. I was greeted by a really friendly team and offered one of my many cups of tea. I was made to feel very welcome. I then went through to the workroom to meet Valerie who I would observe making the curtain. Having worked for the past 2 years in my little workroom all alone it was great to see how a larger workroom operates and also the methods that are used. With £600 worth of silk sitting on my workroom table I am now very confident in my next job. I would gladly recommend this day to everyone.

Re: Denton Drapes Observer Day

Sophie you are very welcome and it was a pleasure to meet you.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Px
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Here is what Sophie helped to produce on her Workroom Observer day.
      A Harlequin silk interlined full length curtain with inverted pleats with piping and beads, and a contrast silk leading edge with inserted bead trim.[attachment=1:2e53jr0w]IMG_1678 small.jpg[/attachment:2e53jr0w][attachment=0:2e53jr0w]IMG_1679.JPG[/attachment:2e53jr0w]
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I've seen that and it looks fabulous, wonderful detail, beautful work
        Janie

Comment

I love that curtain. The piping in the pleat, the contrast leading edge and the bobble trim all add up to a beautiful curtain. Have to say I wasn't a big fan of that shade of green before but I'm looking at it in a whole new light now I've seen what can be done with it. And it's inspired me to try and encourage my customers to be a bit more creative.

Any chance you could post a pic of the other curtain hanging on the same pole Penny - it's equally inspiring.
          Jane

Comment

Jane
            i have taken a few pictures of the other curtain. It was really difficult to get a decent full length picture because the banister was in the way, but I have done a couple for you.
            The curtain is made from a Harlequin silk with interlining, it has a contrast leading edge with beads. The same silk has been hand sewn onto the middle section of the triple pleat and then a bead has been added at the botttom to add a bit of glamour.[attachment=2:sjhi29uj]IMG_1742 small.jpg[/attachment:sjhi29uj][attachment=1:sjhi29uj]IMG_1744 small.jpg[/attachment:sjhi29uj][attachment=0:sjhi29uj]IMG_1743 small.jpg[/attachment:sjhi29uj]

Hope that is ok for you Jane.
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I like the shape of the tieback, Penny.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Beautifully made, love the contrast silk in the middle section of the pleats. Are the little crystal beads sewn on individually on the leading edge?

Cat
                Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Penny, they're gorgeous and inspiring. Thank you for taking the time to post them. Now just need to find a customer who's willing to be a bit more daring and creative
                  Jane

Comment

Beautiful work Penny

Now you know I have a thing about tie backs How did you construct the tieback, it looks like it has been folded over at the top and the piping attached at the bottom. Pretty please, can you fill us in 'cos I really like it

Comment

Thanks girlies!
                      The tieback is made the traditional way with hessian buckrum and interlining applied to both sides.
                      The bottom edge has been piped then bagged out with the self fabric as a lining. The buckrum was then inserted and the sides and top were handstitched closed.
                      Hope that helps. they are not my favourite thing to make.. I tend to make them in stages, do the prep of the buckrum and interlining, cut the fabric etc....
                      I'll then bag out the bottom and put to one side, then I usually take the tiebacks home and do the hand stitching in front of the telly.
                      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi !! I was very interested to read about the observer day at Denton Drapes. I'm in just the same position as Sophie - working on my own - and I'd love the opportunity to come along and observe a workroom + pick up lots of tips and ideas! Are there any more days planned? can you give information about the structure of the day + cost + location etc?

Paula

Comment

Originally posted by pa.wilkins
                          Hi !! I was very interested to read about the observer day at Denton Drapes. I'm in just the same position as Sophie - working on my own - and I'd love the opportunity to come along and observe a workroom + pick up lots of tips and ideas! Are there any more days planned? can you give information about the structure of the day + cost + location etc?

Paula

Me too.. me too!!!! Purty please

Comment

Phillip hope this is ok...
                            Ladies if you have a look at my website www.dentondrapes.co.uk and go to the page that says training you will find all the details there regarding training.
                            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I would also love to spend a day at Denton Drapes.
                              Perhaps this is the year!

Susan
                              Susan Woodcock
                              Owner, HomeDecGal.com
                              Charlotte, NC
                              USA

Comment

Working...
                              X