Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Design Courses

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone could give any advice on Interior Design Courses, I am thinking of taking on an interior design course to add to curtain making and soft furnishings business, and probably primarily as I would just love to know more about Interior Design. When I did my City and Guilds in Design and soft furnishing the course this did touch on colours and history of design and I have obviously picked up a lot over the years. etc , However, was some years ago, and I would also like to know how to professionally design a room, learn more on colours and with the technical drawing side etc. I wonder if anybody could guide me in the right direction, I have looked online and there are courses that you ca do online, but I think I may need a little structure - something that combines classroom and online would be good and lots of time to finish assignments as my life is pressurised enough and I really want it to be enjoyable. Any advice would be great. I am on the surrey/Berkshire/Hampshire borders.
    Julia

I did the NDA's diploma a few years ago by distance learning and it was excellent. It covered things like room layouts, colour theory, lighting, furniture specification and creating mood boards. I've since used a lot of what I learned in my business.
    I think you can also do the diploma with a mixture of onsite classes and distance learning.
    You do need to be prepared to set aside a reasonable amount of time to complete the assignments. They're not hugely complex, but are time-consuming. Good luck!
    CatherineL
    Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

Working...
    X