Roman blinds - Pockets & Velcro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman blinds - Pockets & Velcro

I'm making roman blind linings at the moment and thought I'd do a little video for you all - This alone is reason enough to have a padded table! No comments on my bald patch please, I already know about it!

This blind is 148cm wide, the drop is 100cm but I never cut the exact required drop, I'll cut that when I put the velcro on. I have also rail roaded the lining which is Evapure standard roman blind lining.

Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Roman blinds - Pockets & Velcro

Can you tell me what kind of lining you use - I am an amatuer and just buy the cheapest lining I can find, but I always find it puckers, and is really difficult to keep straight - yours looks so smooth!
    Gail

Comment

I have also rail roaded the lining which is Evapure standard roman blind lining.
      This is from a trade supplier called Evans Textiles. If you upgrade to a slightly more expensive lining you should be OK. Take a look at M&D for a range of products here.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Have just watched the very interesting videos that you have made with regards to making a roman blind. Could you please make one that actually shows how you do the stab stitches ? Also where can I buy one of those brilliant long metal rules ?
        Regards,
        Eileen

Comment

The 1.5 metre ruler can be purchased from M&D. I will do a video later in the week.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

good video, i ran out of self adhesive velcro a while back and used double sided tape to stick the top of a roman down and made the mistake of using an iron over where the d/s tape was, it shrank pulling the fabric with it.
            Phil Lewis
            Shades Window Blinds

Comment

Does the use of the double-sided sticky tape under the Velcro cause problems with laundering the shade?

Comment

Thank you so much Philip for these videos - they are fabulous and I always learn something new. Please can you tell me which double sided tape you use - there are so many variations out there - thank you.

Comment

I use 6mm and 9mm double sided tape to hold things in position while sewing and generally buy from eBay.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

hi there
                    could you please tell me what kind of cord you use for the roman blinds. i use some that has polyester in. is that ok?. thanks. lynn

Comment

Most of the blind cords are made of polyester.
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison
                      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi, I've just watched the video of rod pockets and stab stitching. Really good to watch rather than read how to do it.
                        But excuse me for not understanding but what is meant by 'scoring' fabric on the pockets? I keep watching but still not really understanding

Also can the stab stitches be done through interlining, lining and fabric? Is this where it is hung? and if so are there any more videos on this?

Thank you so much, would really appreciate any help, I'm fairly new to romans.

Julie

Comment

scoring just means marking a line without a pencil, so just use the 'pointy' end of something, that will crease the fabric. The stab stitches are done through all layers, along the rod pockets.
                          Kind regards
                          Pen Harrison
                          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to make these videos. I have just made my first set of linings with rod pockets, according to your instructions, and they were so easy to do and came out so beautifully and accurately, I am delighted! I used an ordinary presser foot on my domestic machine, with a quilting guide set at 1cm and that worked beautifully as a compensating foot.
                            Thanks again.
                            Amanda
                            ​Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby View Post
                              The 1.5 metre ruler can be purchased from M&D. I will do a video later in the week.

Philip
                              Thanks for the link to that site. I live in a 100+ year old flat so things like their giant telescopic ruler will be great for measuring things like 110" windows. Trying to do it with tape is a pain in the proverbial! Thanks also for the video. Can I ask where you got that ruler and table by the way?

Comment

Working...
                              X