Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Soft Furnishings Class Dunce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Soft Furnishings Class Dunce!

Dear All,

I live in Wilmslow, Cheshire and have decided to enrol on a soft furnishings course at the local evening classes. I suspect that the teacher wishes that I weren't there as I am already showing a conspicuous lack of talent. I have decided, however, that I shall persevere and practise hard in the hope that I may actually achieve a few cushions and a set of curtains by the end of the "academic" year. Besides, I have bought a sewing machine - and that is me committed.

I have not sewn for years and have therefore joined the group in the hope that I may gain a few tips on what I should be doing. I have already watched that excellent zip video and actually understood what I should have been doing yesterday.

In return, I'm not bad on computing advice and freebies.

Rachel

Re: Hello from the Soft Furnishings Class Dunce!

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum... You stick with us, Rachel and we'll get you through the course and have your tutor asking you for advice by the end of it! Seriously, you obviously want to do it so have faith in yourself, be confidant and you'll be fine..

Call on this forum and the users at anytime...

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I second that - there is nothing more satisfying than that moment you finally 'get' something and move on to a finished project!
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you so much for the encouragement.

I might even get beyond making curtains for my friend's cat show exhibition pen at this stage.

Rachel

Comment

Welcome Racheal, i am a new comer to the forum but have been made to feel realy welcome. Already i have learnt a lot in these last few weeks and have had great support in a project i am about to undertake. All your questions will be answered here i am sure, i'm realy enjoying being part of the forum.
          Fleur

Comment

Hi Rachel and a late welcome from me too.

Dont be worried, we all started with the same worries, doubts and concerns as you. Alot of us are all still learning, even to this day. Its one of those jobs where you seem to learn something new everyday, it keeps things quite exciting ( tell me that at 4am when im stressing about getting a job out on time )

Its hard work but equally fulfilling.

Comment

Working...
            X