Hello from North Yorkshire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from North Yorkshire!

This site was recommended to me by a fellow curtain-maker visiting Decorex in London yesterday - so here I am!

I'm a self-employed curtainmaker 'up North', who has worked from home for around nine years (since my daughter was two). I've just moved into a wonderful converted pigsty in the garden, and am absolutely delighted to get all that interlining fluff out of my house. The new workroom has a lovely cedar greenhouse on one end, and also houses my stock of gifts and home accessories which I sell both at my internet 'shop' and at gift fairs around North Yorkshire.

I love working at home as it means I can also keep my eye on the garden, the washing, my teenage labradoodle and a Patterdale terrier who keeps auditioning for the re-make of The Great Escape. The only drawback is the lack of adult company during the day, although it certainly cuts down on the time wasted drinking coffee next to the photocopier! Anyway, I'd better cut down on the internet equivalent and get back to those Roman blinds ...

Re: Hello from North Yorkshire!

Welcome.

How lucky you are to have a workroom and a showroom on your doorstep! There are a couple of members currently setting up new workrooms, and others interested in the accessories you make. I 'm sure we'll soon be picking your brains!
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi
      I too am envious i nearly had my garage converted last year but we got flooded last June, luckly just the garage not our house, so I am still up in the loft for now

lss

Comment

Hello Jackie

Nice to see you have come and joined us - it was me who recommended you, so welcome to the site, you wont ever be lonely working from home now as there is always someone here to share your experiences, what ever they may be lol.

We met when both of us were looking behind a roman blind - like you do - just seeing how it was made lol

You sound like you have a lovely workroom to work in Jackie.

Take care Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Hello Jackie and welcome to the forum, it's always nice to see new members arriving..

Philip
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
          X