The other Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other Admin

Hello, I am the other Admin who supports Schuhby and Ali in running the site.

I learnt to sew literally at my mother's knee, as she let me sit on the floor and work the foot pedal of her electric machine with my hands. I worked in the computer business until having children, then, once they started school , started working with furnishings on the suggestion of a friend.

I have been doing it now for about 5 years and still have lots to learn. I enjoy roving the internet to track down answers to all the varied questions that come up here, and swapping ideas. I work on my own so I love the security of knowing that whatever comes up, I can post a question here and get lots of advice.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: The other Admin

Hi Louise,
    Glad you got the techie stuff sorted, can be very frustrating when it isnt working right....
    the fact that there is always something to learn is what i love about this industry......
    sharon

Comment

My mum used to let me operate the reverse lever in her ancient Singer when she was darning sheets... took me years to realise it made things easier... like the generosity with which my father let us gather fallen leaves off the lawn to make a guy for the bonfire, I was 30 before I worked that one out, and 5 when raking the leaves.
      Are you the same Louise who helped me with blind systems from AW? If so, Hello, and grovelling thanks again.

Comment

Yes, that was me. No thanks required - I still remember the first time a customer asked for a rotary system to match an exisiting one she had installed. I rushed home and ordered one, then waited for it to arrive hoping it wouldn't be impossible to work out how to make a blind to fit it!
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
        X