about time i introduced myself i suppose, lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about time i introduced myself i suppose, lol

Hello you lovely helpful people. I thought it was about time I introduced myself a little, having been a member for a few months and making an occasions post or question.

I'm known as Flooz, have been for years (there's a very innocent reason for my having this nickname - honestly, lol) living in east yorkshire. Along with my husband of 18 months, we run our own business.......... a pub! A lovely pub it is too. it's taken just over one year to turn it round from the run down place it was full of undesirables, into a pleasant community boozer, with good honest people using it. It's hard work (i'm thinking of placing a request in the 'wanted' board, for some sleep ) but rewarding at times too.

I taught myself to make curtains many years ago, but knew there was much i was either doing wrong, or the long way round, and eventually took a 2 year HND course entitled 'art & design of soft furnishings'. A great course (no longer available now the government don't fund adult education to the same extent) although it did concentrate on the design angle rather than the fabrication of stuff. I still learnt lots though and it also gave me the confidence to try things (normally with the help of M&D = no, not mum and dad, lol) that i'd not made before. It's still a learning curve, for example i made curtains for the flat about the flat, that i'm so unhappy with (and posted for advice), but it's taught me a lesson, and that's a good thing - i think.

I enjoy the forum and often have a read through, although with my lifestyle i don't always have much time to join in.

Oh, and good to see a name i know - although only because I purchase trimmings and stuff from her site, and a very helpful lady she is too.

Looking forward to joining in more as and when I can.
    Chris

Re: about time i introduced myself i suppose, lol

What a lovely introduction....
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello Flooz..

Welcome to the forum even though you've been around a while! Looking forward to reading your posts.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Flooz
        i am close in east riding of yorkshire
        i have found the site addictive and try to come here everyday now
        regards
        LSS

Comment

Originally posted by LSS
          Hi Flooz
          i am close in east riding of yorkshire
          i have found the site addictive and try to come here everyday now
          regards
          LSS
          and hello to you all too.

LSS - wonder how close we are to each other................ i'm in that lovely market town with a racecourse............
          Chris

Comment

Hi Flooz
            think i know where you are
            the pub bit sounds interesting!
            i am about 20 mins away from a market town with a racecourse
            regards
            LSS

Comment

Hi Flooz,
              I've always thought that running a pub is hard work, even more so now, so many have closed in my area......is this how it is everywhere, i'm guessing it probably is.........there is still need for some to remain so wishing you lots of sucess with yours!!!
              bye for now
              Sharon

Comment

Working...
              X