Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member saying hi

I thought it was about time i introduced myself
    My name is sharon, surprise surprise........and i live and work in the west midlands. I have been making curtains for about 3 years now, i work from home, have the garage converted.
    I have been a member of CHF for quite a while, which is where i know Liz, Mary Ann and Penny from.
    I work with a designer and also have my own clients and get referalls that way. I love what i do most of the time, although i have had a testing week, trying to get too much done is when i make mistakes, i missed a flaw in some fabric, after i cut it!!! and made a roman blind 1" too short so have said i will re-make .........oh well i'm sure i'm not the only one these things happen to......
    looking forward to getting to know you all.
    Sharon

Re: New member saying hi

Welcome on board Sharon.
    You'll really enjoy this forum its very lively and there are plenty of experienced people here to help with any problem.
    We all make mistakes from time to time after all we are only human.
    Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum - I work from my converted garage as well - my garage is external and gets cold in winter - so I work slower!!! well thats my excuse.

The forum holds a great source of information Sharon and is addictive!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Kathy
      K W Designs
      Bournemouth

Comment

Hi Sharon! Yes, we have crossed paths on the CHF forum a few times! And don't feel bad - a few years ago I made a roman shade about 5" too narrow (apparently forgot to measure for it, and used the measurement from another window). So yes, those kind of days do happen for me too!

Talk to you soon.

Liz

Comment

Hi Sharon,
          Welcome from me as well. Where about are you in the West Midlands, I'm currently in Ludlow, but due to move to Worcestershire (Tenbury Wells) in August.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Sharon

Big welcome from me too. you'll already know its addictive!!!!!

Irene

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too.

Comment

Hello & welcome Sharon

My dad had a great saying "he who never made mistakes, never makes anything". Funny how often I find myself saying it
                Jane

Comment

Hi Sharon,

Have you ever been thinking about curtains so much that you left the gas hose in your VW Beetle and drove off..ripping the hose right out of the pump? (I guess some of you call it petrol instead of gas?) Or left the notebook of measurements that you just absolutely had to have today on the back of your husband's pickup truck so he could drive off and scatter them across Texas?

Not that I know anyone that has ever done that...just wondering. (sheepish grin)

maplumlee

Comment

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome.....
                    Kathy, My garage is external also, except for one wall attached to the house, and i know what you mean about the cold. I did have a radiator put in, and i have used interlining to put in the gaps in the roof, but i wouldnt go back, i love my space.

Liz, i suppose we have to look on the positive side, when it comes to roman blinds we are not talking about too much fabric to replace!!!!

Hi Pen,
                    I reside in the lovely 'Black Country', just outside of Dudley, Birmingham is about 15 miles from me. Why did you decide to change location?

Jane, i like yours dads saying, will have to try and remember that one....

Mary Ann i think we have our crazy moments because we have too much going round in our heads,i just pray i dont have too many too often, just now and again is enough.......

Sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon,
                      Sorry, didn't see your answer about your location before. I didn't decide to change location, my husband did - wanted another building project so we've bought a barn to convert with a live/work unit that will be all mine!!

Regards
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison
                      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Pen, no worries
                        Sounds wonderful, if i'm in the area will have to pay you a visit, when its done.....

Comment

Welcome from me to, sorry its a bit late!
                          Kindest Regards,
                          Karen

Comment

Hi Karen,
                            You know what they say, better late than never...
                            sharon

Comment

Working...
                            X